Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb newbie here picked up a bike in parts and I have a dumb question.
The positive battery cable on a 2009 Fat Boy goes from yhe battery to the starter and then where? There is no seat post.
Make fun of me, but please help while you do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've gone brain dead on this. The oil tank was unmounted and the battery removed and the wires are all out of place. The previous owner was trying to rebuild the bike and I have no idea why I am blocked on this.

·
Registered
43,102 Posts
Dumb newbie here picked up a bike in parts and I have a dumb question.
The positive battery cable on a 2009 Fat Boy goes from yhe battery to the starter and then where? There is no seat post.
Make fun of me, but please help while you do it.
That's it. No other connection for the + Battery cable.

There is a wire that goes to the Ignition Switch, and Fuse Block via a circuit breaker connected to the same terminal on the starter that the Battery connects to.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,192 Posts
I'd tell you, but I'm very drunk right now and don't want to get sued if I eff up.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
I'd tell you, but I'm very drunk right now and don't want to get sued if I eff up.
Can always count on good ole Darryl/kd5cqt :cheers

Maybe I should start and catch up, this is driving me to drink.
Great attitude! :thumb

There's a lot of good help on this forum, but most of us believe that the most valuable tool you can have is the appropriate factory service manual. In your case, the electrical manual may also be essential. It would for me. I didn't know anything about Harleys when I got my used Road King, and with the manual, I have never had to take it to a shop for anything.

Oh, and Welcome to the forum from Louisiana!

--

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
Dumber than dumb.
It is the positive battery cable. It must have been pulled down from the battery caddy when the oil tank was pulled. All is good.
Good news!
That's an even better reason to drink!

-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.