Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read sfarson's thread of his photo taken on the Talimena Trail. Cool idea for a thread!

In the photo below the color of the lake is right on. I've never seen water look so turquoise!

Anyone know the name and location of this lake?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Oooooo... I like! A nicely vague initial pic. And yes! Very turquoise!

Hmmmm... looks western. Gonna throw out Flaming Gorge Reservoir as a first guess.

BTW, if you scroll back in history at the site here you will see other "Where's This?" threads. Thanks for contributing. Hope you'll have more up your sleeve :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lets see. Tourquis water= lots of limestone. The mountains are newer, so we can rule out any eastern ranges like the smokies or addirondaks. I'de say Sierra Nevadas or Rockies. Its not like most of the Colorado mountains I have seen. Looks more like Utah or Maybe Idaho. looks pretty big. I say Bear Lake on the boarder of Idaho and Utah.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm... looks western. Gonna throw out Flaming Gorge Reservoir as a first guess.
Thanks, I'll search back. This is fun!

Very good guess, we rode through the Flaming Gorge (hwy 44, the west side), the previous day.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Darn! I didnt even get a chance!! Not that it would have been right, but it would have been a humorous guess!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts