Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
its behind the fuse panel cover,, thats the only one that just pops off without any tools, id hate ta have ta pull off all my gear ta get under the seat.... HB

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked up a $9 plastic tube with end caps that are sealed with o rings. The caps have a tab on them so you can mount it to your licence plate bracket. Very out of the way. You have to fold up your papers pretty small, but it works and the stuff is always with you. By far the cheapest thing at my HD dealer.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Mine is In my wallet,,that way If someone steals the scoot I got it so I can call in the Police and the national guard and a Seal team and prolly the Big Red One,,,,aww naw I got a better Idea I'll just call my next of Kin:thumb
Yea, same here. Keep the reg and insurance card in my wallet.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Folded and put my registration in between the foam and liner in my half-shell helmet. Works, and it's out of the way. Plus, that way I always have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put my paperwork in a zip-lock bag and placed it inside the battery cover of my Sporty. One day the wife and I was riding and the cover opened up. Before I knew it the paperwork was long gone. About a week had past and I got a letter in the mail. When I opened it, my paperwork was inside. A delivery truck driver saw the paperwork blow off the bike, stopped and mailed it back to me. I was very thankful. The wait at the DMV can be very long, plus I was leaving soon to go to Germany. When I get back I am going to mail the driver a gift card for the local steakhouse. I figure it was the least I could do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Keep mine in my wallet as well. Insurance card, registration, and inspection sticker (Louisiana allows you to carry the sticker rather than affix it to the bike). Louisiana registrations are about the size of one of those old IBM punch cards, so it doesn't take up a lot of room. I am very thankful that it's not a full sheet of paper!

On top of all that, the Army post where I work requires a DoD decal. I bought a nice chrome plate from Dennis Kirk and put it on the back side of my windshield. I also have to carry my MSF rider's course card.

Way back in the 70s I had one of those registration holders with springs that I wrapped aroung the downtube on my CB750/4. I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Mine is In my wallet,,that way If someone steals the scoot I got it so I can call in the Police and the national guard and a Seal team and prolly the Big Red One,,,,aww naw I got a better Idea I'll just call my next of Kin:thumb
Same here. But taped in a zip lock under the seat with a quick detach thumb screw for the seat Detachable Seat Hardware Kit | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Also if ya got a 2up seat and you tape it to the fender under the seat all you have to do is unscrew the thumb screw lift up a little and grab it.

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
In my wallet , with the other things I need if pulled over. Drivers license , firearms license , insurance card. Progressive lists all my bikes on 1 card now.

Cops get a bit leary if ya go rustling thru or taking parts off yer bike.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
In my wallet , with the other things I need if pulled over. Drivers license , firearms license , insurance card. Progressive lists all my bikes on 1 card now.

Cops get a bit leary if ya go rustling thru or taking parts off yer bike.
That's there problem then, your not doing anything wrong storing it where you want is your bike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have mine under my solo seat, the seat just flips to the side it has a plastic tray under the seat over my oil tank i put it in a ziplock bag, always there when i need it.

·
812 Posts
In a chain wallet with my Insurance card. I use a second non chain wallet as a working wallet (drivers license, $, etc). Works for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
its behind the fuse panel cover,, thats the only one that just pops off without any tools, id hate ta have ta pull off all my gear ta get under the seat.... HB
Same place for me.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
in a plastic sleeve in my mini tool box in my bags. thats what makes baggers better, place to store stuff : )

41 - 58 of 58 Posts