Harley Davidson Forums banner

Where to put the registration?

37K views 57 replies 42 participants last post by  Badassbrutus 
#1 ·
Ok so I am having a hard time trying to find a place to stash my registration on my 2010 dyna fat bob. I looked at a fork bag but it looked weird on the fat bob. I put it in my windshield bag on my RK and on the fork bag on my sporty. I thought about a packing slip and putting it on the inside of my battery cover?

#4 ·
Ziplock sandwich bag in your pocket of your riding jacket. I know some people that slip it inside the ear pad of their fullfaced helmet.

#10 ·
Reg. n insurance

Mine is In my wallet,,that way If someone steals the scoot I got it so I can call in the Police and the national guard and a Seal team and prolly the Big Red One,,,,aww naw I got a better Idea I'll just call my next of Kin:thumb

#21 ·
I keep mine in my wallet with my insurance card and drivers license.

I guess I miss the reason for keeping these documents on the bike rather than in a pocket. I know a lot of guys do it, but I can't help wondering what would happen if someone stole the bike and now has the registration and insurance card?? I've been stopped ( DUI checkpoints) a couple of times over the years while driving friends and family members cars. Once I produced the registration and insurance cards it was "Thank you sir, have a good night".

While it certainly doesn't stop someone from stealing the bike, why make it easier for them to get away with it if they do get stopped?

#22 ·
I keep my registration in my vehicle I guess the way I see it at that point they already have the property. It's not like the registration is going to do them any good if they get pulled over on it. I highly doubt they would find it and it's not like the names would match. I just don't want the registration getting all wrinkled up and illegible and the fork bag that fits looks goofy. But those billet tubes are nice other then the fact the are chrome I want no chrome on my bike when I am done with it:thumb

#24 ·
I'll second that, my papers are in my wallet. If my ass isn't on the seat, it better not be going anywhere anyway so there's no need to leave em in the bike. I had em in a bag on my old fatboy and some drunkass for whatever reason cleaned the bag out outside of a bar one night. He took me for my registration and insurance papers and a half pack of old gum, bastard!

#29 ·
I have mine in a swingarm toolbox, in a small ziplock. A copy is in my wallet, but the original is in the box in case some trooper gives me crap for carrying a copy.

I know other people who put theirs under the seat in a ziplock, but you have to unscrew it to get it out

#31 ·
My registration papers are in my tool box in the garage. If and when I get pulled over the officer is going to run the plate and see if it has a valid registration or not. I just tell them I don't have it with me. Never had a problem yet. With the amount of steeling and forgery that goes on I find it hard to believe that any cop would take a registration at face value which means they are going to run it whether you have it or not. YMMV

#32 ·
I always kept it in my wallet when it was about 5" x 8" of the really thin paper. Ohio went to a full letter sized sheet off a laser printer a few years ago and that's too thick folded up to fit your wallet. Maybe that's what some of these guys have also.

#33 ·
my reg is one of those full sized sheets, so i folded it up into one of those packing sticker bags, and put it on the underside of the seat

#34 ·
I color photocopied my insurance card and registration (reduced on a photocopier by about 25%), so they were about the size of a 3x5 card. Then I laminated them with the insurance card on one side and registration on the other. Then I got some velcro tape and put velcro on the inside of my battery cover and on one side of the card I'd made. I was then able to slap the laminated card in the battery cover and yank it out as needed. I never had to give it to a cop, but I'm guessing they wouldn't have cared that the cards were photocopies so long as the information is all correct.

#36 ·
they can steal your bike. if they have your papers now they have the address of someone that can afford a $20000 bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.