Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 883 with 1200 converison was wondering on getting some pipes, which pipes do u think are best
V&H ? Others etc...thanks

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
An exhaust system I've always liked on the Sportsters as far as looks, sound and performance is the Thunderheader.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I have drag pipes on mine, have the baffles in them and there not so loud. have plenty of torque. You can take the baffles out in about 2 minutes if you want to make a little racket.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have Bassani pro streets, 3 stepped headers.(for power and noise) with removeable baffles, but i don't recommend removing them, you will lose alot of power.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Something to think about, if you have forward controls or plan on putting them on, some of your pipes won't work with them. So make sure you get some that will. Some of your two into one won't work.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I put the storz high bub dirt track style pipes on my 09 nightster ,they were expensive but they look good ,sound good and perform great with the stage 1 kit!! i`ve had alot of people compliment me about how good they look ,similar to the xr-750 pipes.the only down side is that you can`t put forward controls on the bike.but i didn`t want to put the forward contols on any way to keep that flat tracker look !!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I put Cycle Shack slip-ons on mine. Power smoothed out. Sounds like hell. Old ladies either hate me or lust after me. I don't know which is better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts