Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I bought an 02 FLHTC-I a year ago and I'm pretty sure it has an aftermarket cam in it. I no longer have contact with the PO. How hard is it to crack open the cam chest to find out what I have? Are the cams labeled where I can get at them or do I have to remove them? I got into the cam chest to inspect my chain adjusters a few months back only to find a nicely placed screaming eagle hydraulic cam plate with the upgraded oil pump. I see that as another clue that my cams may have been upgraded. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
I just looked at my cam install folder, and my Andrews cams are stamped on the inside ends. :mad Some cams brands may be stamped on the outside end, if so, the front one can be seen by just removing the cover.

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
Look for the stamp on the end of the cam. All cams are stamped with identifiers from the mfgs.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool guys thanks. If it was going to be rather easy, I'll pop the cam chest off and have a look. If I have to disassemble and remove...I'd probably just keep wondering. I'll dig into it this week. I love this forum. Simple answers. no trolls, no B.S.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It's a reasonably recent bike. Do you think the original owner used the local dealership? If so, you might be able to find out by asking there. All you need is the bike serial and or previous owner name. I found out what cam I have by asking the dealer service desk. They had it on record. Mine's an '08.

Even local independents may have the info for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts