Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of which cams they were putting in stock 88ci efi motors, it is an 04 night train, just looking to wake her up a bit, and i suppose i will need a new map downloaded? it has the big radius and heavy breather right now.
thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
We just saw 94 ft/lbs. of torque with a set of S&S .509's in an 88".
Not a horsepower queen, but ramps that usable torque right in very nicely.:)
Scott
Scott is right. Torque is what you feel on the seat of your pants. 94 ft/lbs is huge for a 88" motor.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am not Tech Savvy but someone here last week recommended 211s for my 2014 and I love them. However the differance may be the engines we have. Ive been riding with them for a week or so and it really woke my 103 up in the midrange. And mayo is right about the tune whoever tunes it is key the guy who did mine is a freelancer named Mike Lazano and in my book he is a genius.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Scott
I get my 02 FXSTDi back Saturday with these cams installed...Can't wait...

Bike will have Hypercharger with K&N, CObra Longshots, S&S gear Drive 509 cam set up and mapped with a PowerCOmmander V....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the se255 in my 103 and there's no way you won't notice the change in your bike. For my money it's the best investment you can make without tearing open the engine. Whatever cam you choose make sure you consider your entire valve train. Floating a valve at high rpm from too much lift or duration and banging a piston into it can really ruin your day...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

Bike will have Hypercharger with K&N, CObra Longshots, S&S gear Drive 509 cam set up and mapped with a PowerCOmmander V....
02Deuces,

Please let us know your opinion of these cams. I have a very similar setup to yours (before the cams) and would be interested in your results.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Scott
02Deuces,

Please let us know your opinion of these cams. I have a very similar setup to yours (before the cams) and would be interested in your results.
I have only been able to ride for about 5 miles with the new cams, but DAMN!!!! It pulls HARD all the way to 4500RPM just like they advertised....

Here is a vid I made of the idle...

Before (this is old from when I was trying to trade the bike so just fast forward if you want to the start up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpa5gyLcOsk

After.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvB7LPhvI1I

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Those sound pretty good Deuces ! A lot like the SE-204's .
I suppose those S&S cams are gear drive are they not ?
What's she idling at ? :thumbsup

·
Registered
177 Posts
Those sound pretty good Deuces ! A lot like the SE-204's .
I suppose those S&S cams are gear drive are they not ?
What's she idling at ? :thumbsup
Yes the cams are gear drive...I had it hooked up to my laptop yesterday (via the PC5) it was right at 1050-1100 RPM

·
Registered
1 Posts

[/QUOTE
Hey, do you have a copy of the map you used? I just installed 509 chain drives in my 88.. got a k&N high flow filter and vance and hines slash cut. I figure yours should be pretty close, im buying a PCV

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,105 Posts
Seeing how he hasn’t logged in for 5 years, I’m not sure you’ll get a response.
But ya never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts