Harley Davidson Forums banner

Which Cams for Bagger

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kouack 
#1 ·
As per my other post I have some tensioners to change. I’m thinking I will likely swap cams while I’m in there. I would be interested in hearing what guys suggest for an 07 EG that is currently stock . S&S are readily available in my area and after checking their site this is what I’m leaning towards.

551: Designed for engines with 96 to 106 CID and 9:1 to 9:9 compression. This is a bolt-in cam set designed for stock or mildly modified touring bikes. 551 cams are not recommended for compression ratios of 10:1 or greater. Greatly improves low-end and midrange torque, strongest from idle-4000rpm.

What cams are others running in their baggers and with what kind of results.

Someone suggested doing lifters while in there. Makes sense to me as they are not overly pricey and I will be in there.
Anything else that I should be doing while inside?

Thanks in advance

#5 ·

#4 ·
As per my other post I have some tensioners to change. I’m thinking I will likely swap cams while I’m in there. I would be interested in hearing what guys suggest for an 07 EG that is currently stock . S&S are readily available in my area and after checking their site this is what I’m leaning towards.

551: Designed for engines with 96 to 106 CID and 9:1 to 9:9 compression. This is a bolt-in cam set designed for stock or mildly modified touring bikes. 551 cams are not recommended for compression ratios of 10:1 or greater. Greatly improves low-end and midrange torque, strongest from idle-4000rpm.

What cams are others running in their baggers and with what kind of results.

Someone suggested doing lifters while in there. Makes sense to me as they are not overly pricey and I will be in there.
Anything else that I should be doing while inside?

Thanks in advance
S&S 557 or the Andrews 57H…works great on baggers w/2 up… lifter…20,000 miles and over. Adjustable pushrods. Hydronic chain tenchener… cam install kit,,, Dyno tuned…rough $800 buck will do it… plus another 800 or 900 to install it . Maybe more……Make sure there’s a DYNO…

#9 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. Putting together a parts list. $$ start adding up quick especially north of the border. Can't get a set of cams here for under $500. Local supplier here only carries Fueling lifters. I see S&S in the U.S. online stores. I may just end up ordering from somewhere in the States. Curious to know what others have purchased for lifters? Anyone just use stock again?

Thanks

#10 ·
Check with Summit racing, easy to deal with them! when you click pay the stuff will be delivered at your door with no extra fees ie stupid brokers fees blabla

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.