Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy an oil cooler for my 09 FLHX. Does anyone have a favorate or can anyone recommend one? I've looked at the HD oil cooler for the 09 Touring models PN# 26155-09. I have the Lockhart on my shovel with thermostat with no problems since I bought it new back in 84. :thumb What cooler are you using? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I'm hoping to go with a jagg ten row before summer gets too serious and if my stimuless comes in on the magic fairy bus.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I'm hoping to go with a jagg ten row before summer gets too serious and if my stimuless comes in on the magic fairy bus.
I second that. Hopefully before summer. Now where's that bus......

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Experted from email

Hi Andrew,

The 2300 or 2380 10-row low mount coolers are perfect. I recommend the 4600 but if you'd feel better with a built-in thermostat (not necessary) then go for it.it works fine and does exactly what I say it will do.and that is to "by-pass the oil cooler until bike is warmed up". Never seen one get cool enough in any climate for the automatic actuator to back out of the by-pass hole until you shut the bike off and let it cool down.no matter how cold it is outside. Please also consider the 4600AR-A. You can read about it on the site at the accessories page or if you call to place an order I can fill you in on why I recommend this small item.

< The4600AR-A is a antirtation gismo to keep the adapter fastener from backing out especially when changin filter
All are in stock. I accept Mastercard/Visa and ship UPS.

Thanks for your kind consideration and please give me a shout with any additional questions/concerns.

Sincerely,

Marv Beals

Setrab/Jagg Oil Coolers

U.S. Operations

tel. +1 (740) 967-1726

fax. +1 (740) 967-1749

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Experted from email

Hi Andrew,

The 2300 or 2380 10-row low mount coolers are perfect. I recommend the 4600 but if you'd feel better with a built-in thermostat (not necessary) then go for it.it works fine and does exactly what I say it will do.and that is to "by-pass the oil cooler until bike is warmed up". Never seen one get cool enough in any climate for the automatic actuator to back out of the by-pass hole until you shut the bike off and let it cool down.no matter how cold it is outside. Please also consider the 4600AR-A. You can read about it on the site at the accessories page or if you call to place an order I can fill you in on why I recommend this small item.

< The4600AR-A is a antirtation gismo to keep the adapter fastener from backing out especially when changin filter
All are in stock. I accept Mastercard/Visa and ship UPS.

Thanks for your kind consideration and please give me a shout with any additional questions/concerns.

Sincerely,

Marv Beals

Setrab/Jagg Oil Coolers

U.S. Operations

tel. +1 (740) 967-1726

fax. +1 (740) 967-1749
Thanks vlade, I'm on their site right now. :thumb I actually read this email on another thread here.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,203 Posts
Here's a question. If you have an oil temp gauge, shouldn't you have it located at the point where your oil is at it's hottest?

If the temp in the oil tank says all is well, 250, but because the oil coming out of the engine is moving very slow, and it says 750 degrees, I would think your oil temp gauge would lead you to think your oil is not under any stress when it is really under a great deal of stress.

Just thinkin'..

:ride

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a question. If you have an oil temp gauge, shouldn't you have it located at the point where your oil is at it's hottest?

If the temp in the oil tank says all is well, 250, but because the oil coming out of the engine is moving very slow, and it says 750 degrees, I would think your oil temp gauge would lead you to think your oil is not under any stress when it is really under a great deal of stress.

Just thinkin'..

:ride
I duno good question???:eek7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts