1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
:popcorn

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts

All joking aside... it is a question that has been almost, just almost, beaten to death...

I go by the owner's manual...

HD SYN3 Full Synthetic 20W50 for the engine
HD FORMULA+ Transmission and Primary Chaincase Lubricant - part no. 62600004 - for the transmission

If you have not done so, get the workshop manual for the bike. Money well spent.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
the oil question has plagued man since the invention of the wheel-

it can never be answered some say- others claim to know but refuse to tell-

you can ask a mans preference - but is that really the way to find a answer to such a daunting question?

if i was you i would meditate on it for a few decades then maybe just maybe the answer you seek may appear

or you can just use harley oil or any other name brand

·
Just Ride
3,888 Posts
68k using synthetic oil,I'll have to switch to dyno oil now . Yeah right.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,770 Posts
Really go to the grocery store. Down the isle find vegetable oil and put it in...

The for vegetable oil to break in correctly you need to keep it at redline for like 20 minutes. The drain it and fire the bike up dry. Restart dry, Wait til the engine stops and the rings will have seated it perfectly.

·
Poser Member # 99
18,339 Posts
Nothing like a good old oil Thread to get a long weekend Kicked off

Olive oil is best you don't need the Virgin stuff any how

My bike turned 30 years old this year and is still using Dino oil ....................

:moonBart

:popcorn

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Don't use oil it is a government conspiracy to make Arab kings rich. Your bike really doesn't need it anyway.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Don't use oil it is a government conspiracy to make Arab kings rich. Your bike really doesn't need it anyway.
I started using peanut oil after riding behind peanut. Still don't know why. :think

Is it oil or erl? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts