Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I just got my 1000 mile service done on my 2015 street glide. I am looking to put slip on mufflers on her pretty soon. I'm stuck between the rineharts, v&h monster rounds or the kuryakyn crushers. Anybody have any input on these three mufflers???? Going with mufflers for now then later on looking to do header pipes as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Do it all at once, get the heat off your leg and your passengers leg. The headpipes can make more torque and horsepower for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do it all at once, get the heat off your leg and your passengers leg. The headpipes can make more torque and horsepower for you.
Yeah thinking about goin with rineharts. Possibly just 4 inch slip ons for now then adding the true dual headers later with my budget permitting along with a less restricting air filter and the Vance n Hines fuel pack. How does this set up sound to you guys??

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
If you want to keep 2 mufflers on the bike, looks at the Power Duals or a similar head pipe set-up, will make for a broader and stronger powerband.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys will keep all that in mind this winter when I make the purchase and make a nice day in the garage installing. With some beer to compliment the project of course !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pretty sure the true duals are 2" and stock head pipes are 1.75" I was looking to buy a set of used slips to put on my bike until I had the $ to replace the head pipe but they wouldn't fit. I got the fuel management controller bought and getting close to getting the exhaust.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check out the Cobra PowerPort. They look like true duals, but have a crossover. Fit, finish, and price point are good.
Just my opinion, but I would get rid of the stock head pipe FIRST. Replace with the Cobra Power Port Duels ( I got mine from Murray's Cycle Shack for $375 shipped) and put your stock mufflers back on for now. This will get rid of the cat and the heat from your right leg. Then when you finally decide what muffler to go with, it's an easy R&R job. BTW, many people who change out the head pipe and put the stock mufflers back on like the sound and stick with it.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts
The thing about questions like this is, it's all about personal preference. I know what I like, but I don't know what you like. For whatever it's worth, I have V&H Power Duals and Rinehart 4" slips. I love the look and the sound, but I know a lot of ppl prefer the look of a true dual system, so again it's all personal preference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts