Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For your viewing pleasure, a trip to the top of White Face Mountain.

Click Here

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ed, Thanks for the ride!
Seems like you got the hang of it now!
KEEP ON FILMING

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bernt. I see what you meant by not wanting to chop out a lot of the ride but it is the way it must be done, I'm learning.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes, it's a lot of road one want to share, and it is hard to select only the best parts when it has been a great ride altogether.
Another tip. You're not obligated to account for the trip in the exact chronological order!
Feel free to put your clips dramaturgically actionwize. ( Don't know if this is proper english, but I hope that you gets my drift.If not ask and I'll try to explain differently...)

One more thing. On my first camcorder I had the same distortion from the mike as you have. I got better when "muted" with a piece of plastic foam.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Ed!!!! That video made me want to be there right with you! I appreciate the stills along the way. They opened up my perspective of the spectacular scenery. Great job. I think you might be enjoying that camera?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it's a lot of road one want to share, and it is hard to select only the best parts when it has been a great ride altogether.
Another tip. You're not obligated to account for the trip in the exact chronological order!
Feel free to put your clips dramaturgically actionwize. ( Don't know if this is proper english, but I hope that you gets my drift.If not ask and I'll try to explain differently...)

One more thing. On my first camcorder I had the same distortion from the mike as you have. I got better when "muted" with a piece of plastic foam.
I see I now get the advanced advice! Thankyou for both tips, I will try them both. As far as proper English, I'm not sure but I understand perfectly.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ed!!!! That video made me want to be there right with you! I appreciate the stills along the way. They opened up my perspective of the spectacular scenery. Great job. I think you might be enjoying that camera?

Thanks Lil, I'm having fun with it for sure but if I get serious enough I might have to upgrade.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are its limitations?

If I brought a laptop with me it wouldn't be bad but once my little 2 gig micro sd card is full I'm out of "film" or I need to buy several more cards.

There is no viewing your video back at the hotel room that night unless I bring the laptop. My laptop is ten years old and I would have to buy a new one and I'm trying to avoid that. So I don't know if my footage came out until I get home.

High Def video is something I would like too.

Some sort of inactivity shutdown which makes it difficult to turn it back on while riding. The instruction manual is very poor. Not much info.

These are relatively minor limitations.

Overall for the price and size of the unit, I'm happy with it.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Ed... a beautifully wooded and scenic area. Nice bikes joining you too.

FWIW, I've recorded bike vids in HiDef before. The plus is when viewed on a large high quality device, it is almost like you're there! The downside is if processing it into a PC vid at the same bit rate quality, it can hours and hours to process a short movie, and the file size is enormous! With today's band width technologies, it can't be shared over the web in HiDef.

·
Registered
40,758 Posts
Cool vid. Nice area to ride in you have there.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts