Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone has dealt or has this film on the inside of their passing lamps could you let us know please? i'm having a hard time getting H-D to warranty them.my e-glide is an 08.4600.km on it and i have them on on the time.:(

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
Condensation?

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not Condensation Or Moisture ..

IT'S JUST A WHITE FILM,HEAT RELATED:confused: I DON'T KNOW,BUT KNOW THE DEALER SAYS THAT THEY'LL CLEAN THEM WITH SOME MONSTER Q-TIPS,APPERENTLY FROM SOME SORT OF DETAILING KIT H-D SELLS.I'M SURE MANY OTHERS HAVE THIS ISSUE.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have this problem on my 07, left one looks fine, right one is foggy. It's not condensation, there is something else going on with it.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
The bulb might be on its way out somtimes the discolor then blow out.
also if you have european light set up they have rubber boot on the backside that goes over the plugend of the bulb and cover it now thatrubber boot has a small breather hole in it for a vent for the bulb.the bulb gots hot and cuases condinsation so the vent helps cool the bulb and not cause this symptom.
so in other word make sure the vent is not glogged.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had that on my Road King. Once a year, I take out the lights, rinse them with windex, then clean water, then blow them out with my air compressor and reassemble. Takes about 15 minutes per light, but they end up bright an clean with no corrosion or othe rill effects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts