Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't have this worry with my V-rod!:eek:
What do you do to protect them from turning to filthy looking strips on the side of the wheels? Is there anything to put on them to add protection or is it just elbow grease and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers once something tarnishes their glow?

·
1,074 Posts
Haven't found a prevention but Lyndall gold brake pads help with the dust and spray shout laundry detergent on the tires, drink a beer then use the magic eraser, almost eliminates the elbow grease part of the cleaning.
Others will chime in with " Lose the whitewalls all together and never have to worry about it but damn, the classic just screams for the WWW

By the way, that's a beautiful scoot you picked up there!:cool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I use westlys blech white(sp) and a fiber brush once a month works well and last the life of the tire,The lyndall brake pads help with the brake dust ,but the road grime still is their.

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
I use westlys blech white(sp) and a fiber brush once a month works well and last the life of the tire,The lyndall brake pads help with the brake dust ,but the road grime still is their.
Same here, with westlys and the brush, also make use of the moto lift so I don't have to keep moving it around. It seems to last awhile too.

Big D

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent him a white wall paint link. He never responded...

So, there is nothing to treat the white rubber of the tire with to help protect it? :sad:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I sent him a white wall paint link. He never responded...

So, there is nothing to treat the white rubber of the tire with to help protect it? :sad:
The whitewalls will out last the tread pattern.

I use either BlechWhite or Simple Green and a Brillo pad every time I wash my bike. It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes if you have the bike on a lift when washing it. Nothing gets by that combination.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What about Comet and a scrub brush? Worked good on my 78' Chevy truck when narrow white walls were in style.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Lil... Saw a report elsewhere with someone testifying to the ability of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to keep white walls looking white. Others then chimed in echoing the same. Next time you're at a grocery store or Wal*Mart, may want to give this product a look.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lil... Saw a report elsewhere with someone testifying to the ability of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to keep white walls looking white. Others then chimed in echoing the same. Next time you're at a grocery store or Wal*Mart, may want to give this product a look.
You know, I have two boxes of them in the house. They've worked well for me on anything attempted so far. Heh! They must be working...I just read last night that Scotch Brite has introduced their own version.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts