Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many 07 CVO owners are here? And what did you put on it for pipes? /Fuel Management?
And, Does your trans sound like it has ROCKS in it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is probably not much help VROCK, but, I don't have one!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Neither do I, but I would love to be able to convince my financial controller (read missus) we should own one. Maybe 2008

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe????

Well,
I dont have one YET! But I have a chance to get a RED 07!!!!:dance
But I will take a 6K Hit on my 06 to get it. What would you do?
For 35K, And they are selling in Cal for 40K + Also 40-41K in Daytona,fla
And they are hard to find right now. Everywhere that I called , They had them sold before they arrived. And have already taken 5K deposits. One dealer told me they had one Red one coming. And the Dealership owner wanted it. And told him , He would fire him if he sold it.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Well,
I dont have one YET! But I have a chance to get a RED 07!!!!:dance
But I will take a 6K Hit on my 06 to get it. What would you do?
For 35K, And they are selling in Cal for 40K + Also 40-41K in Daytona,fla
And they are hard to find right now. Everywhere that I called , They had them sold before they arrived. And have already taken 5K deposits. One dealer told me they had one Red one coming. And the Dealership owner wanted it. And told him , He would fire him if he sold it.
VROCK SE... Go for it if you can. A very special bike. Exclusive and difficult to find as you note. I'm trading the two H-D's here for a FLHRSE3 (Road King) due for delivery in 2-3 weeks. Called my dealer about it awhile back and a person with a deposit on one had backed out. By chance it was a timely phone call. Find and pick one up and we can compare notes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's Cool sfarson !!!
Glad you can acquire one!!! I have Wimped out. I just cannot justify getting one and taking such a loss on my 06. I guess I had a touch of Buyers Remorse (early) Thinking about spending 37K on a Bike, When my oldest is getting ready to start college. I need to pay her car off instead. And I need to build a de-tached garage (shop) to put our 6 bikes in that we have now.
I will probably cringe everytime I see one! But a smart ole Man once told me. If you are not sure what to do, Simply do nothing! My wife was going to help me get one, But I would feel guilty I guess since I have had 2 new HD,s
Within 10 Mos. There will always be better , faster , nicer looking bikes out there.
But very few CVO's

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
VROCK... Fully understand. It wasn't an easy decision for me. Will cost me the Heritage and the Wide Glide and some change. It basically came down to too many horses in the barn. Have others and I'm moving them off to other pastures as well. Sigh. But it is the right thing to do. FWIW, you already have a sweet stable. Enjoy that diverse collection!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya man

It is all about the Ride! And I do not think that I could enjoy it more. I would just have a Bigger WOW factor. If I purchased the new CVO??? And
Alot more cleanup time! And it would hurt more to get caught in the Rain!
I would have a Bigger Smile whenever I got near the Bike! Humm???
And it does have XM, GPS,Garage Door opener, Heated Grips and seat, 110ci
6 speed, Chrome Wheels and Lowers,Aluminum Spun Gauges W Red lights, Custom Paint, Leather Tour Pak W/Automatic Locks on Bags & Tour Pak, Adjustable rear Floorboards, And alot of CHROME!!! And it would MATCH MY RED VRSCSE:confused: :confused: :confused:
Damm, I would still LOVE to have it. Who Knows, We will see what fate has in store???????

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, Will find out tomorrow!:confused:
Would be a Life long Bike for us!
I had decided not to get it. It was on hold for us til last Fri. We were supposed to go in and Discuss the deal. We did not go. He may have it sold already???:( If not, we will probably get it.
The wife and I have decided that if we get it, we will QUIT SMOKING!!!
That alone would be enough to pay the payment!!! And what a Incentive Huh? Our Kids would be sooooo Happy!!!
And I am sitting here Smoking and Drinking Coffee:rofl:
It is probably sold:(
Maybe Not:rolleyes:
No , I am sure it is sold:(
But , It is possible it is not:rolleyes:
Ya, It has to be sold:(
But, If it's Not:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
You're not on drugs are ya!

·
Registered
20 Posts
How many 07 CVO owners are here? And what did you put on it for pipes? /Fuel Management?
And, Does your trans sound like it has ROCKS in it?
VROCK, I don't happen to have an 07 Ultra. I do however have an 06 FLSTFSEE and I can tell you from experience that if your tranny sounds like it has rocks in it there is something seriously wrong with it. You should hear the gears clunk when you shift but that's about all. It sounds like it needs to go to the dealer for a little TLC, maybe a lot!:ride

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
07 Complaints!

VROCK, I don't happen to have an 07 Ultra. I do however have an 06 FLSTFSEE and I can tell you from experience that if your tranny sounds like it has rocks in it there is something seriously wrong with it. You should hear the gears clunk when you shift but that's about all. It sounds like it needs to go to the dealer for a little TLC, maybe a lot!:ride

I was referring to some 07 complaints. About the Rocks in a can sound. Some are complaining about.
I do not have my 07 yet! Maybe by Christmas???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No Deposit needed!

Soooooo... were you able to make the deposit?!?
My dealer is holding the bike for us right now without a deposit. I guess since we have bought 2 new bikes within 10 mos. And countless items in the Store, He is letting us have first shot @ it.
However, he told us that even putting Slip on's (Exhaust) on the bike would affect the warranty. He suggested keeping it stock til the Factory warranty ran out. Not sure I can handle that!
What are the best options for a exhaust for a 110" Bagger? Does anyone know?
I have heard one 07 SEUC that was stock. It is a little louder than the 06 (stock) But not sure I can live with it.
It will not come in until around Christmas. I might just wait and Kick the tires and test ride it when it comes in. And research exhausts for the 07 BTWN now and then.
But to throw away 2 yrs warranty and take a chance on the new engine???
Or get into a warranty issue with Moco?
35K is a hell of a gamble.
I would like to put a DTT full closed loop system on it. And some good sounding pipes. Like Rineharts, or Hooker, Or V&H. And would trust the tune, But what if HD has some issues in the new 07 engine??? With over 700 new moving parts in it, There are likely to be a few bugs. Then would the MoCo
blame any failures on my mods?
MOST DEALERS ARE SCARED AS HELL TO DO ANYTHING TO THE NEW 07's
I have a few weeks to decide, :rolleyes:

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
VROCK SE... Keep us posted. Can't offer much insight until the FLHRSE3 arrives here. Probably next week. I'm going to give the stock exhaust a try... at least during the break-in period. I hear it is OK. Heard a sound clip of V&H slip-ons on an '07 Road Glide. Excellent.

Dealers are all over the map on what voids a warranty. I don't see how a slip-on swap can void things, but I'll follow with the dealers here.

But seriously, just gonna enjoy it much even in stock trim. More are doing this and it might be more than OK.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
January 1st

VROCK SE... Keep us posted. Can't offer much insight until the FLHRSE3 arrives here. Probably next week. I'm going to give the stock exhaust a try... at least during the break-in period. I hear it is OK. Heard a sound clip of V&H slip-ons on an '07 Road Glide. Excellent.

Dealers are all over the map on what voids a warranty. I don't see how a slip-on swap can void things, but I'll follow with the dealers here.

But seriously, just gonna enjoy it much even in stock trim. More are doing this and it might be more than OK.
Well,
I have til January 1st to make my mind up. But , I will probably get the bike. I have decided to run the stock Exhaust for at least the first 1K. Then I can always put some V&H oval Slips and a PC 3 for fuel management. That way I can change the pipes , and remove the PC. If a warranty issue should arise.
I have read that the NEW Screaming Eagle Slips do not sound much better than the stock Exhaust. And the 07 book states that they will not fit the SEUC for some reason.
I have not seen the Red in person yet. But all accounts are that : Pictures cannot do it justice! And red is my color! I just love the red on my VRSCSE!!!
Cannot wait to see the Red Jester!

Attachments

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
VROCK SE... Uh... I'm getting the finest color -- Black Ice & Pewter Leaf. Ha!

Nasty roads here have prevented a dealer test ride and adjust but should be bringing it home Tuesday or Wednesday. Dropped off the traded bike (Sold the other) yesterday and while there I was walked back to where it is on the lift. Had the digital camera with me so recorded a 26sec partial walkaround :)

FLHRSE3 Walkaround - Streaming Vid

1 - 20 of 38 Posts