Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my friend's wife street glide to a local bike night . It has American Customs slip ons. The sound great in the garage. But while riding, it wasn't loud enough for me. I mean on the waiting list for some CFRs from Iron Aces. Just wanted to make sure I am getting the loudest

·
Registered
803 Posts
I would say you need to find who makes the largest diameter slip ons that has removable baffles, then just remove the baffles.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
CYCLE SHACK SLIP-ON'S .......with removable baffles . But be fore-warned , they are loud as hell even with the baffles !

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I had Cycle Shacks on my Heritage. They would make my ears ring.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I had to take them off my W/G after only two weeks for the same reason . Actually they sounded & looked great but my ears would start ringing after about 5 miles . I removed the baffles to see how that changed the sound but didn't want to go to all that trouble of re-mounting the stock head-pipes . So I just put a new set of 2" drag pipes on it & have been well pleased with it ever since . Sounds good when you blip-it ! :bikerguy:

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
Have 3" Cycle Shacks, yes they are damn loud. I pulled baffles, wrapped them with packing from Vance & Hines. Made things much better.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
When I bought my bike (used) it had megaphone pipes on it, not sure of the brand, but that was one of the first things I changed. They were obnoxiously loud and basically just straight through pipes. I have a shared driveway and just starting it up in there got the whole neighborhoods attention. They did sound very healthy though.

I have video of before and after but because the camera compensated for the sound the before actually sounds better and didn't capture the volume

Note, this doesn't attempt to answer your question but seemd to fit in the thread

·
Registered
402 Posts
IMO loud doesn't = sounding good. If all you want is loud, then put on some straights.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
Why don't you try the Rush slip-ons with out Bafflers ... on my street bob they are realy loud and deep (if you would change your mind that you can buy different inch Bafllers)

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
I have the 3in Cycle Shacks on my '14 FXDB. They are plenty loud with out being obnoxious to me (I also work around jet engines) but my wife says otherwise when leaving at 0500 :laugh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts