Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what company manufactures these HD tools?? Anyone knows?

Friend was cleaning up his garage and had several tools he wanted to get rid of. Mostly car specific tools (bearing removers, big ass impact sockets, dial indicator, rotor caliper, etc). Among the tools there were these two boxes, brand new, with a 16 piece socket set, and a 7 piece wrench set.

·
Banned
1,664 Posts
"Real tools mad from american iron"
Chinese, Just licensed "H-D"
Much like a ford Harley davidson truck.
Harley will license the product name and logo to anyone with $$$
Your tools look like they are decent quality from here.

·
EVO RULER
3,722 Posts
snap-on

·
Registered
260 Posts
The wrenches MIGHT be snap on. Those sockets and the stuff in those boxes are for sure not snap on, at least the boxes dont look like something snap on would put out even with HD on it

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Pretty sure Snap-On makes them. I remember reading about them one time. I wouldn't mind having a set for my bike once I get my single swingarm bag.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. These are heavy, every socket or wrench weights a ton! So I don't think I will be storing them in the bike.

He just gave me all the stuff he did not want anymore. Great gift!

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
I think those wrench sets might have come from Kent-Moore . Kent-Moore supplies most of the H-D specialty tools to the dealerships .

·
Banned
19,464 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The patent number on the ratchet 5522288 was issued to Snap On Tools in December 1994. These were made by Snap On for Harley Davidson.

·
Try'n to behave
5,965 Posts
Holy cap! 8 years, that might be some kind of record.

·
weird member
2,289 Posts
I've noticed a lot of necromancy here lately, almost always from someone that has joined within the last 5 days.

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
Got me again !

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Eight years is good but not a record. Longest resurrection I can remember is somewhere around 10 or 11 years. Not that I am the forum historian. When these happen I often wonder if the OP is even still active on the forum.

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
Now that we're into a resurrected tool thread I might add that SnapOn has become one of the MoCo's specialty tool mfgs.. Kent Moore supplied the MoCo specialty tools for years but they weren't made available to the general public. OTC Tools is another MoCo tool supplier that has Harley specialty tools.
I just looked at the OTC online motorcycle tools catalog and spotted a tool I want to order. Here I go again, buying more tools.

Reactions: JLR and Kainam

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
Does it ever end?
I swear off every year but that don't work.
2020 New Year resolution ... don't buy any new tools !

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,780 Posts
Then you will find that one specialty tool that you really need!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.