Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And who likes the thrill of riding aggressively when the conditions warrant?

I like both but I really enjoy twisting the throttle now and again.

What about you?

·
Registered
39,451 Posts
I usually just put around, usually at 5mph under the speed limit.... never aggressively.

:rofl:

·
Registered
327 Posts
If your not scraping something under the bike in the corners, you aint going fast enough! I also like to see how fast I can go in a 1/4 mile.:ride

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
Mostly a putter - just enjoy being on the bike and out in the open.

Have to admit that at times I like to roll my wrist and just see how fast I'll go before I chicken out and resume cruzin'

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Mostly a putter - just enjoy being on the bike and out in the open.

Have to admit that at times I like to roll my wrist and just see how fast I'll go before I chicken out and resume cruzin'
That description fits me perfectly!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,176 Posts
I fancy myself a rocket sled driver deeply disguised as a putter, 'cause there's only so many times and places to light up your rocket sled.

I never just point the front wheel at an empty road and light it up, afraid I wouldn't know when to stop.
Make that afraid I'd have to admit I ran out of nerve long before I ran out of road

Passing 2 or 3 cars on my empty country road commute to work is my excuse to go WFO.
.... and there is a clear cut-off point.

If I ever get busted, it'll be much worse if I'm in my car than on one of the bikes.

I pulled out on the V-Rod to pass 4 cars, had probably gone past 95 when a I saw a car coming the other way, too close to risk it, so I dropped anchor, used my signal and cut in tight between the 3rd and 4th car. Damned if the 3rd car wasn't an unmarked car, multiple radar boxes on the dash, clearly a chase car. He must have gotten a real kick out of watching me try to look inconspicuous, holding my breath for the light show soon to start. He never did stop me or even flash his lights.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
I was on a road here the other day that was hilly and full of hairpin turns.
It was one of those rare times when I pretty much stayed in one gear and controlled the speed around the curves with the throttle.
Not really fast but a little aggressive.
I kept thinking, This is it! I have found motorcycle heaven.:D
:ride

·
its rusting
429 Posts
putter here. aggressive time is for closed roads and track once i get my skill level up

·
Mod Extraordinaire
1,980 Posts
I put. I twist it just ever-so-often to get out of traffic. I rarely ever exceed the speed limit by more than 5mph.

·
Registered
39,451 Posts
a lil of both i curise mostly but thave some fun when i feel like it(or some jackass in a mustang thinks he can keep up)

I'm your huckleberry....

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Can find delight in twisting the throttle, and also when in cruise mode.

Last week was sucked into some fun with someone on a sport tourer. Think I ground off the bottom half my floorboards!

·
Steve
262 Posts
Depends on the mood. Some days I want the comfort of the Road King (oops, Street Glide) and other days I feel sporty and take the other bike. Both are great.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I guess I do both. I take it easy on the 07 Ultra, good bike for cruising. On my 85 Superglide I like to twist the grip & put it thru it's paces. That old 4 speed chain drive Evo can get it. I've mellowed out some in the last few years thou.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Now that I old(er), I must confess to being a putter. I left the aggressive stuff behind in my younger days of riding metrics. To each his own I guess..

Chris in PA
08 Heritage Softail Classic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going fast is fun sometimes - so is taking some good curves and experiencing the ability of the bike. But when it comes right down to it, I am rarely in a hurry when riding, so I tend to relax and enjoy the ride - which means not pushing my own skill level OR the compassion of LEO in an unmarked car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts