Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about it made you buy one? Why might someone else enjoy having one?

It fit me very well, it was extremely attractive to me and it had good reviews. That and I needed a new pair of riding gloves. I bought the second one after having strayed away from a VRSC for less than a riding season because I love the civility, power at the throttle if and when needed, and again the look.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
I love the nimbleness and power of my V-Rod for the last 5 years now but am still very partial to the air cooled big twin which I seem to prefer for the long haul.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i bought my v-rod cause it felt better than any other bike i test rode..

i have my hayabusa because i kind of inherited it.. but love it for a change of pace and quick jaunts around town..

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,240 Posts
because I can't take my eyes off of it, and when I twist it, I smile. I never get tired of riding it..even to the point of bruising my tailbone.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Whoa... Busa? :thumb

Cycle World noted all bikes are outstanding nowadays. Key is knowing the "kind" of bike you want, given the roads and rides you have in mind. Wanna go off road? Carry a passenger? Go far? Blitz canyons? Commute to work? Cruise? Sport tour? etc. and etc.

Then, once determined, give good weight to the bike sinking a hook into your heart. This is a discretionary purchase after all. Have seen too many be rather clinical about why they bought a certain bike, then not surprising, be ho-hum about it later. Not that one shouldn't factor in functionality, just don't ignore emotion.

H-D? It knows what matters to me.

·
Drill, Baby, Drill!
861 Posts
I had another bike selected, but my 1200L picked me. It fit me perfectly and I loved the colour.

The accessories have been installed and my husband and I are going to pick up our bikes on Saturday. We're both so excited! Can't wait to ride.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
bought my fatboy cause it was cheaper than the road king I wanted, bought my sportster cause I fell in love with it as my cousin was building it.

fatboy is comfy for longer rides, the sporty is just plain wild, fast, torqy, squirrely, and all out fun to ride, but uncomfortable as hell anything longer than 100 miles or so.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love the look of the Heritage, and once I sat on it at the dealership I knew that was the one for me. Two years later I sometimes still have to sneak out into the garage for one last look before I call it a night.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Me and my sled have a sexuall healing thing goin on....lol

I love em same sleds I rode when I was 13 my chops.
It funny if I dont have one I feel like somthing is missing.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I bought the '99 cuz I needed a bagger (radio and locking bags are must-haves) and Marty (my sales guy) could get it for me asap.

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
After being on the road all week for many years when I would get home I would jump on the old shovelhead and ride. Alot of times my bike would be the only shovel in the parking lot. Never even thinking of or looking at a newer scooter. I was content for the past 25 years with my old one. Then one day up north I saw a black and chrome bagger coming at me and I turned and looked as it went by. Don't know why it was that day that one caught my eye but after that it seems I noticed every black bagger on the road. When down in Winchester, Va in March of 2008 I stopped in at the dealership and there it was a Black and chrome 2008 FLHX. I just had to have one but waited to see what 2009 would bring. Glad I did. Now have my own 09 FLHX. Remembering how much of a $$$ pit Harleys are and boy have prices gone up. Ride safe.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
$5800 for a running Big Twin. It was a no-brainer.

I got a Dyna for Sportster money.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I love the look of the Heritage, and once I sat on it at the dealership I knew that was the one for me. Two years later I sometimes still have to sneak out into the garage for one last look before I call it a night.

Wow, I could have written that. I looked for a long time, sat on 100's, rode a few. Then one day I saw a blue Heritage sitting in the store. I sat on it, started it and it was all over for me. I have no idea why but that had to be my bike.

And yes, I go out to the garage to take a look and smile too. Kind of silly for an old man to behave that way but I do love that bike.

I even talk to it once in a while but don't tell anyone please.

·
Life Member
176 Posts
Wow, I could have written that. I looked for a long time, sat on 100's, rode a few. Then one day I saw a blue Heritage sitting in the store. I sat on it, started it and it was all over for me. I have no idea why but that had to be my bike.

And yes, I go out to the garage to take a look and smile too. Kind of silly for an old man to behave that way but I do love that bike.

I even talk to it once in a while but don't tell anyone please.
All Heritage owners feel the same way. I could have written exactly the same thing either of you posted.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
When I got my 1st Pan head I slept in the garage with it fell asleep lookin at it then my chic woke me up at 4:30 am and made me come in to bed I was pissed.
And I have had full convesations with it to...yeah im looney like that.the chickens dont like it when I fire it up at 5:30 am either...lol

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I bought My 09 Road Glide because I liked the New Styling and Frame, I had problems with the 08 Model and was not Happy with the Bike ( EGC ). I want something to be comfortable on while Riding and the Bike has the Options and Color I was looking for. I went New because I know I am the First Owner and with the Prices on some of the Used Bikes it made sense to me. I recently picked up a 99 Dyna FXDL Lowrider with 1060 miles for $7800 for a Second Bike, I got this for around town Riding, it is light and easy to Ride and Handle, I got this Bike for the Price of a Sporty, I will be selling My 01 Sporty as the Dyna is replacing it and I should break even on the Deals between these Bikes.

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo
1999 Lowrider - Vivid Black
2001 Sporty 1200 - Red ( For Sale )

·
Live, Laugh, Ride!
12 Posts
Waited forty years for my first bike - bought a '07 XL1200L in Oct 06 - it found me after I swung my leg over many, many bikes. Two years and over 27,000 miles later, I still love it and still can't get over the fact that I ride. The Sportster is here to stay, but I'm thinking there's a Road King out there looking for me...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts