Harley Davidson Forums banner

Why I love this forum...

3K views 39 replies 37 participants last post by  StreetBob4 
#1 ·
The main thing I love about this forum. The information shared here is amazing. After reading through the different types of threads, between Prodrag and Hillsidecycle and Mattchalmers exchanging info on head porting, Dave63's encyclopedic knowledge on everything under the sun (we miss you Dave), folks sharing stories about riding experiences, asking and getting answers on various problems with their scooters, from planning the tribute rides to planning downfall of Fostoria (I will be involved in that epic party), sharing tattoo pics (I admit that I have have taken more than I have given there) the folks slinging witty insults back and forth and almost none of them getting offended, and the litany of other subject shared on here, I feel like the immensity of my ignorance is astounding. But I learn a little more each time I peruse the threads here.

Thank you to each and every member that weighs in, whether it is to ask a question or to send a warning to others or just to stop by and say "Howdy", I don't regret a single minute I spend reading through here. You guys are truly what the Harley culture is all about. A bunch of brothers and sisters all looking out for each other and happy to lend a hand where you can. I can only hope that I may have contributed something meaningful so far and can continue to do so. I know that I have already gotten much more than I can ever hope to give here. But, I try...

See less See more
#5 ·
I've only been here a short time but I have noticed this forum is more user friendly than some other HD forums, where guys are sort of dickheads and talk down to noobs. I have thousands of posts on the GT500 forums and I always try to remember everyone was a noob once.

#11 ·
The real question is, if you caught a forum member (wearing a SOA shirt), riding a jap bike, would you wave to them? :think

#18 ·
Good info and buds here. Have even developed a few really good friendships in person from members I met on this site. Best of all, I can ask stupid wrench questions and not get a stupid answer back. Well, from most of you. lol
I can confidently use and wrench on my bike much better because of this site.

#19 ·
You're all a bunch of retards and I hope you all drop....oops, wrong forum..... :laugh

I enjoy my time here as well, and have actually made a really good friend because of this site, so I'm especially Thankful for that.

But I wouldn't leave any of you sitting on the side of the road. Lol

#20 ·
So now I just wasted another 10 minutes of my life here. Lol. I to have found a lot of answers, I Just wish you fuggers in NY and TX and IL lived closer. Yall seem like a great group of guys and for the one I did meet, he was a lil on the weird side, lol, I would ride with any of yall and maybe even hang out and shoot a lil pool and drink a few beers with yah. Lol Great place to kill some time, especially while on the clock....

#22 ·
i too have enjoyed this forum and learned a lot in the short time i have been a member. its fun to hear all the different personalities with different opinions. thanks to all, whether you are left or right or somewhat in the middle it is very entertaining. thanks too for sharing all of your knowledge and experience

#25 ·
Ditto:know

#28 ·
Guess I'm the lucky one here. This is the first forum I've ever been a part of. Found the best one right outta the gate!!! I've got so much info from here it's made me a better rider and the handful of people I've met have all been awesome!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#30 ·
I've hung my hat here for over 5 years,and I've seen so many members come and go it's almost silly.Lots of laughs, and tons of moral support or just lending an open ear, has made this a Great forum indeed !

Lets not forget the the "resident wrenches" that pop in and solve problems and give out FREE ADVISE !.. The good ones seem to be dwindling..

Here's to guys like Schmidtys ! (that's still around) that is bang on every time ! Without REAL mechanics like him, this forum simply wouldn't be the same.

Thanx to ALL those ACTUAL MECHANICS that help people every day !

#34 ·
I've hung my hat here for over 5 years,and I've seen so many members come and go it's almost silly.Lots of laughs, and tons of moral support or just lending an open ear, has made this a Great forum indeed !

Lets not forget the the "resident wrenches" that pop in and solve problems and give out FREE ADVISE !.. The good ones seem to be dwindling..

Here's to guys like Schmidtys ! (that's still around) that is bang on every time ! Without REAL mechanics like him, this forum simply wouldn't be the same.

Thanx to ALL those ACTUAL MECHANICS that help people every day !
X2 on that, Craiger...
That guy is amazing.
Never met him, but he will always be a legend in my mind...

Hell, whenever I am working on my rides, even my wife asks "What did Schmidty say?"
True story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.