Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
I have a lot that I WON'T say about this.
All I WILL say is if that was MY kid, he would lose his phone for a good long while.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
About 20 years ago I lived on a very narrow street and had to park one of my cars out front, so I put the two passenger tires onto the curb (not the grass, just the curb). Low and behold here comes a cop and writes me a ticket, I was there and said I would move it and explained why I had the tires on the curb and she said tough shiz.....
I hadn't realized I was breaking any laws but was told ignorance of the law is no excuse.... So I paid said ticket.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
All I WILL say is if that was MY kid, he would lose his phone for a good long while.
Ya, growing up I never would have even thought about talking to an adult that way.... If my dad would have found out my arz when have been hurtin bad...

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Ya, growing up I never would have even thought about talking to an adult that way.... If my dad would have found out my arz when have been hurtin bad...
Pear never falls far from the tree, more than likely his parents are like minded.

·
Banned
612 Posts
To answer your original question...We have Harleys , it says in the rulebook that "We can and shall park on sidewalks while ALL others shall be relegated to curbside parking in the street" . Dont tell me you didn't get the memo...:what?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
To answer your original question...We have Harleys , it says in the rulebook that "We can and shall park on sidewalks while ALL others shall be relegated to curbside parking in the street" . Dont tell me you didn't get the memo...:what?
Bought mine used, it must come in the owners manual?

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
The only thing I that I disagree with you on Pipe is the actual losing of the phone. I never found it necessary for my 12 year old kids to have a friggin' phone in the first place. Hell, my 17 year old just asked me if I will help him get a phone now that he has a job. And, I probably will. But, if I caught him or any of his brothers and sisters talking to an adult like that, taking away their phone would be the least of their concerns!

·
Registered
427 Posts
The amount of crap that LEOs have to put up with and we wonder why they sometimes get out of hand. Getting harassed by a teen with a phone! That cop has more restraint than I do.

I'd hate to be the next guy he pulls over as you WILL get a ticket.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
the little smart a.. will get a lesson in due time. Prolly wont sink in but he will get one

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I'm not a LEO hater but...
I musta missed something here. The Cop was parked illegally while getting his fruit smoothie. That young man had full right to ask the question, and didn't deserve a piss poor answer like he got. I commend the kid for questioning authority politely and sticking to his guns. The cop said "cuz I can". BS. No reason to talk to a kid that way, he's still a citizen the cop a public servant. Then the cop came down to the child's level and started screwing with the kid.
If he would have given his badge number it would have shown the kid that he has nothing to hide and isn't afraid of getting in trouble for parking on the sidewalk like that. May turn that kid into a Ahole of an Internal Affairs person in the future.
>
Sorry, the cop was in the wrong and handled that situation poorly. As the kids parent, I think I would have had more of an issue with the Adult than I would have the child. I would have taken the video to the cops boss. The kid should have shot the license plate too, but I'm sure the local CHP knows the officer and could track him down. I would expect a reprimand to occur.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I park on the side walk all of the time as long as I am not obstructing the flow of pedestrian traffic. That kid needs his butt whipped by his parents. Problem is, they are probably dumb :spank: too.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I musta missed something here. The Cop was parked illegally while getting his fruit smoothie. That young man had full right to ask the question, and didn't deserve a piss poor answer like he got. I commend the kid for questioning authority politely and sticking to his guns. The cop said "cuz I can". BS. No reason to talk to a kid that way, he's still a citizen the cop a public servant. Then the cop came down to the child's level and started screwing with the kid.
If he would have given his badge number it would have shown the kid that he has nothing to hide and isn't afraid of getting in trouble for parking on the sidewalk like that. May turn that kid into a Ahole of an Internal Affairs person in the future.
>
Sorry, the cop was in the wrong and handled that situation poorly. As the kids parent, I think I would have had more of an issue with the Adult than I would have the child. I would have taken the video to the cops boss. The kid should have shot the license plate too, but I'm sure the local CHP knows the officer and could track him down. I would expect a reprimand to occur.
totally disagree with you bro, the cop has a lot to deal with in a day and this little smart a.. does not warrant much respect

·
Registered
227 Posts
>
+1

It is not only our right but our duty to question authority.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,351 Posts
This reminds me of the many times I have been stopped and questioned by people because I park my bike in the blue handicapped zones sometimes. As it happens, I have a handicapped plate courtesy of the nice lady in the SUV that left turned me a few years ago, but because I ride a Harley, I'm not supposed to have one?????? I love to politely tell people to call the cops right after they kiss my a$$. Once had to pull my boot off and show an old lady my scars because I couldn't make myself cuss her, but it does chap my butt that no one thinks we should have the privilege of parking a bike there.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
+1

It is not only our right but our duty to question authority.

I'm good with that. In fact I believe in it myself. However, a 12 year old snot nosed punk trying to get famous for making a disrespectful youtube video has no right to question authority. He isn't even intelligent enough to know HOW and WHEN to question authority. Damn this attention seeking, look at me, watch me be an a$$hole on youtube generation. Kid should have his ass spanked and so should the parents that encourage him. Teach the kid to RESPECT authority, and he will know when the time comes to QUESTION it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I park on the side walk all of the time as long as I am not obstructing the flow of pedestrian traffic. That kid needs his butt whipped by his parents. Problem is, they are probably dumb :spank: too.
I would be concerned about a kid getting burnt or accidentally knocking the bike over. I don't think parking on the sidewalk would be the action of a responsible bike owner. But that's just me I try to think about more than just me.

If that was my kid I'd be proud. Question everything.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I'm good with that. In fact I believe in it myself. However, a 12 year old snot nosed punk trying to get famous for making a disrespectful youtube video has no right to question authority. He isn't even intelligent enough to know HOW and WHEN to question authority. Damn this attention seeking, look at me, watch me be an a$$hole on youtube generation. Kid should have his ass spanked and so should the parents that encourage him. Teach the kid to RESPECT authority, and he will know when the time comes to QUESTION it.
agreed

·
Registered
751 Posts
When I was in college I got a ticket for parking on the grass (I commuted). THe parking lot was full, and I had two tires in the grass. I took it to the station, through on the desk, and the bitch that wrote the ticket asked me if I was going to pay it. I asked her if I had a choice, and she said NO. So I paid the thing, and the following week I saw her writing more tickets while her cruiser was parked in the grass......

That put me right over the edge, and I through a fit while she was standing there in front of a bunch of others. She quit writing tickets, got back in her, and left.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
I'm sure the little lib turd is just doing what he was raised to do by his two moms.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 60 Posts