Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my second post hope this isn't a repeat question. I have a 2014 wide glide. I would like to put on some slip on pipes. I have heard some good things about S.E. an Python. Look for something that I could be heard. Already had a car door swing open on me good thing fore me I missed it. I also was told when I install them I need to go to the dealer to get my bike calibrated. Is that true. Thanks to all :biker:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Most people will tell you if you are bone stock and just adding pipes that you don't "have to" get calibrated. If you have pipes and intake, then you probably should. Dealer will give you a canned flash, and probably bend you over for it. Add a good tuner and have it dyno'd by a pro, and you can achieve some nice results. Others swear by a tuner with an auto tune feature which is better than someone who has poor dyno skills, but not as good as someone with great dyno skills. Keep in mind that a canned flash won't make up for natural variances between different bikes. It really depends on how much performance you want and how much $$$ you want to spend.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most people will tell you if you are bone stock and just adding pipes that you don't "have to" get calibrated. If you have pipes and intake, then you probably should. Dealer will give you a canned flash, and probably bend you over for it. Add a good tuner and have it dyno'd by a pro, and you can achieve some nice results. Others swear by a tuner with an auto tune feature which is better than someone who has poor dyno skills, but not as good as someone with great dyno skills. Keep in mind that a canned flash won't make up for natural variances between different bikes. It really depends on how much performance you want and how much $$$ you want to spend.
Thanks for the info more to keep in mind. I really don't trust dealers never had good luck with them.

·
Wayward Son
23,315 Posts
Ran Pythons a while back. Good quality. Louder then stock, but not by much. Are pretty quiet under normal riding.
Nice sound when getting on the throttle hard.
If you want more sound as part of increased awareness by others around you, you may want to reconsider.
Sound volume being a "relative" thing, your opinion\experience my differ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts