Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the wide glides have the same rake at the super glides? FXDC? Was thinking of putting a set of wide glide forks on my super glide. your thoughts?

·
Registered
39,569 Posts
What year are you talking about?

2012 SuperGlide has 29° rake.
2012 WideGlide has 34° rake.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
The rake difference is in the frame neck, not the triple trees. Wide Glide forks on a Super Glide = Super Glide rake.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
Wide Glides have more rake.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can't go wrong with either...just stand back take a look and be honest with how each one hits you...for me it's wide glide (chopperlike) all the way,but that's me.I believe the WG's have been harley's biggest and best sellers for awhile now...but if you are looking at the current models,and want the "Real" SG or WG then find a nice older used one and don't settle for the (IMHO) the pussy-fied version.
But get what moves you...literally!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
do the wide glides have the same rake at the super glides? FXDC? Was thinking of putting a set of wide glide forks on my super glide. your thoughts?
The owner of our local independent shop has a wide glide front end on his 2008 Dyna Super Glide. From what I remember, it is pretty much just simple swap out. You have to make some front brake mods for the dual caliper wide glide front end, but nothing major.

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts