Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Super Glide that I want to put a Wide Glide front end on, with fatter forks. My question is can I use my stock size rim, or do I need to get a new one? I currently have a 19" wheel. One of the kits I found comes with a 21" wheel, but if I get the front end without a wheel, its $200 cheaper. Plus, I really like the one I have, and would also like to avoid the expense of a new tire. I don't know if the brake caliper will line up though. Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've been doing some research and I've been thinking about hubs. I can find Wide Glide hubs that will fit a 19" rim, but not only are they wider (obviously) but it looks like the lip that the spokes attach to are kind of more horizontal, as opposed to my current hub, which is vertical where they attach. I'm assuming I'd have to replace the spokes as well?

·
Registered
38,916 Posts
I'm assuming I'd have to replace the spokes as well?
Yup.

My suggestion would be to run what you got until time to replace the front tire, then do the front end conversion the right way with a 21" front wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm starting to see that. I think that's what I'm gonna have to do. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regardless of whether I do spacers on my 19" rim ,or get a new 21" rim, do I need to replace the caliper, or will mine fit?

·
Registered
38,916 Posts
Same front brake caliper was used on 2005 Superglide and Wide Glides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts