Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a Dyna wide glide. How reliable are they? I live in FL. So I can ride year round? Your honest feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Same engine as what is on the cruisers. Follow the maintenance schedule and you will be fine.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome from Waco, TX.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Welcome 19Dscott .
You have chosen the top of the heap of Dyna's because the W/G is by far the most popular Dyna and one that you will be glad you bought . Don't let the nay sayers sway you when they chime in about how the Wide Glide doesn't handle as well as some other Dyna's because it simply isn't true . Just replace that skinny little 80/90/21" front tire with a 90/90/21 along with a steering damper & maybe a fork brace . Some RICO front fork dampers with 15wt Amsoil fork fluid and a set of Progressive shocks . Then you can handle with the best of them along with having a very comfortable ride .

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome from the backwoods. A friend has a bone stock wide glide that runs good looks good and handles good. I would recommend any Dyna without reservation.

·
luv the low country
20,338 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
A wide glide is just as dependable as any other Harley with a 88"or 96". It will have the same engine. Only difference is the frame and accessories.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I bought the 2012 WG in January of 2012. Got the extended warranty. Still love it and would buy it again. I haven't had any problems cornering with the smaller front tire or issues with handling.
Doc

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
welcome to the forum
I have a wide glide and can go the distance with any other Harley out there the bike has been great have had 2 wide glides happy with both put about 65000 on my 04 and have about 55000 on my 07

1 - 16 of 16 Posts