Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Captain Dave
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 WG with SE slip ons. In two years I logged 20,000 miles with a bunch of them two up with the wife. Recently I installed a 200/R55 rear tire, a bit shorter than the OEM 180. Solo I have no issue scraping the exhaust but two up sparks fly. I am wondering if the OEM shocks are toasted. Planning on Progressive 444's when I get a few bucks together. Anyone have this problem with their Wide Glides? And how did you fix it.

Tramp55

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
564 Posts
I would try adjusting the shocks to one position stiffer and see if that helps. If not, try the next setting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine scrapes also when riding 2 up even with the preloads set to max. 400 lbs. with riders and bag gear is pushing the GVW to the max. My wife lets me know real fast when the pipes scrape. I just put on V&H big shots and the sit higher than the stock pipes. Just that one mount welded to the frame that might still scrape.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
You will love the 444 HDs I had them on my SuperGlide.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
just think soon they will be worn down and dont have to worry about it no mo. mine shoot sparks all the time. i know my scoot is over loaded .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts