Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for a taller sissy bar for my Wide Glide. I like the style of the stock one and the way it mounts, but I'd like one much taller. Maybe made with stainless steel. I saw some on eBay but I wish they were a little taller. I don't have the skills to make one. Can someone point me in the right direction to get one. And please post pictures if you have any of these older style bars on you bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking for a taller sissy bar for my Wide Glide. I like the style of the stock one and the way it mounts, but I'd like one much taller. Maybe made with stainless steel. I saw some on eBay but I wish they were a little taller. I don't have the skills to make one. Can someone point me in the right direction to get one. And please post pictures if you have any of these older style bars on you bike.

Thanks
Hey man, the cheapest route you could go is taking that stock sissy bar to a fab. Shop that could cut the little round bar off and just use the mounts. All thats needed is to work with them so u get what u want then just go get it powder coated when your done. I would call around and try to see what you can come up with. Gl

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
162 Posts
Both Harley and Kuryakyn offer a tall sissy bar. I've actually been looking at these myself and will probably go with the Kuryakyn brand because its identical to the one from Harley at about half the price.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Perfect... this is what I am looking for as well. I wasn't sure if I wanted it to be permanently attached but I like the look and I tend to need to carry stuff almost every day to the office.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:DeadHorse:

For those of us new to this, what all do we need to match up?

I have a 2014 Harley Dyna Wide Glide FXDWG and I am also looking for tall sissy bars. I, too, don't have the means to make or modify.

I found these mounts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drag-Specialties-Black-Sissy-Bar-Side-Straps-1504-0024-Pair-/191560532468?fits=Year:2014|Model:Dyna&hash=item2c99e5c1f4&vxp=mtr

I found this bar: 30'' Attitude Sissy Bar Black Harley Davidson Bobber Custom Softail Fatboy XL HD | eBay

(hopefully those links work)

It appears those would be compliant together, yes? If not, how do I know? Is there anything else to take into consideration?

What are the benefits of a detachable bar?

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts