Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little concerned about the will because at the time we were watching a show thats called ... Wifes that kill...The wife was using antifreeze to do the poor guy in and at the same time my wife asked me if Id like some sweet tea....Should I worry..?..:confused

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
That hard to say, hows the relationship? But all jokes aside, we are not guaranteed tomorrow so yes, everyone needs to have a living will. Just as an example, dad got hit head-on last august and it killed him. Other then borerline diabetic, in perfect health. So he never had a will drawn up. Now half his stuff is tied up in estate court trying to figure out how to settle it. Mom and I are the only ones that had anything to do with hime for the past 20+ yrs. But he has 2 other children from a previous marriage and according to law, they are entitled to some of his stuff. I Think thats bull, not because I want it all. But because they are older then me amd they decided long ago to not call, write, visit, or anything so what he has, they didnt contribute to, I helped my father anytime he needed help and they never did. So why should they get anything. Write a will and that way you decide who gets your stuff in the event you pass. Just my 2cents.

·
evohogfarts
1,512 Posts
At one time the court made me go to AA, they ask me what fears did I have, I said God and my O'lady, some times not God. After almost 40yrs she wouldnt want to do me any fav's like kill me, I have to suffer like the rest!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Make sure she does the same & while your at it take out a large life insurance policy on her !
There has been several womens tv programs on lately where the host stated , " if your husband rides motorcycles , be sure to take out an insurance policy on him right away !"
Just sayin !

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have decided to leave my stuff with the wifes kids and while Im alive why not speak my mind now instead of in the will.. OH what the hel/.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My wife watches all those shows like "snapped" and "wives with knives". She says she is learning from those women's mistakes. I tell the kids that if I turn up dead, make sure they do an autopsy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
On the loose
8,680 Posts
In all seriousness , a will isn't the best way to go. You want a trust because even a will is tied up in probate forever allowing the government liberties with your assets that may not be your wish. I'm not up to speed on all the particulars but plan to pursue more info on a trust vs a will. Hell I had a heart attack not quite 2 weeks ago, time to get serious.

I think the funeral homes must also get wind of such things as 2 of them sent me info since my heart attack . . . . maybe business is slow ?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In all seriousness , a will isn't the best way to go. You want a trust because even a will is tied up in probate forever allowing the government liberties with your assets that may not be your wish. I'm not up to speed on all the particulars but plan to pursue more info on a trust vs a will. Hell I had a heart attack not quite 2 weeks ago, time to get serious.

I think the funeral homes must also get wind of such things as 2 of them sent me info since my heart attack . . . . maybe business is slow ?
Thanks Duce ...Ill look in to how the trust works.....Heart Attack...Man..You better do what the Dr says so you can keep riding..Good luck..

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,568 Posts
:laugh

I am glad you're better and looking at the sunny side, but that is funny chit. Bastiges...stay well and cheat 'em out of your business!

·
Registered
341 Posts
a liveing- trust!! & for us bikers, a normal life-line helo ride after a accident is 10--25k. i upgraded my $500.00 normal non-full coverage MEDICAL insurance to 50k. for $20.00 more on 4 vehicles. peace-of-mind!!

·
Noel
7,456 Posts
Trusts and Will's; either way you go about it, it really means Lawyers Digging into your wallet.

The Little lady has a will to ensure there is no in-fighting among her family, I do not but need to consider it, to be honest everything I have I want her to have, of course she would probably sell all my chit.

·
Banned
482 Posts
Sure write one up, leave absolutely nothing to her and let her read it. You can sleep good from then on out.:rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts