Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Club Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if factory HD pipes off a 2008 Fatboy will fit a 2001 Fatboy?

FYI, i'm looking to bring a 2001 Fatboy into New Zealand & when it arrives here they go through a very strict WOF (Warrant Of Fitness) check before you can use it legally on the road. So i want to fit factory HD pipes before it goes in for a WOF so it passes the decibel level. Once it gets the "Welcome to New Zealand" WOF i can refit the aftermarket pipes & go to any motorcycle shop for the next WOF. It's just VERY strict on the entry to NZ WOF. After that it's no worries. Cheers.

P.S. I've found some cheap NEW factory HD pipes off a 2008 Fatboy here, hence my question.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Thinking it should work, if your exhaust sensors fit.
Look over aftermarket at one of the retailers and see if they are the same part # for both years. If not call and find out the difference.

·
Club Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking it should work, if your exhaust sensors fit.
Look over aftermarket at one of the retailers and see if they are the same part # for both years. If not call and find out the difference.
Good idea. Thanks for the sound advice :)

·
Banned
71 Posts
Just wondering if factory HD pipes off a 2008 Fatboy will fit a 2001 Fatboy?

FYI, i'm looking to bring a 2001 Fatboy into New Zealand & when it arrives here they go through a very strict WOF (Warrant Of Fitness) check before you can use it legally on the road. So i want to fit factory HD pipes before it goes in for a WOF so it passes the decibel level. Once it gets the "Welcome to New Zealand" WOF i can refit the aftermarket pipes & go to any motorcycle shop for the next WOF. It's just VERY strict on the entry to NZ WOF. After that it's no worries. Cheers.

P.S. I've found some cheap NEW factory HD pipes off a 2008 Fatboy here, hence my question.
You'll have to plug the two holes on the '08 pipes. Otherwise they should fit fine . :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts