Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dealer told me to stay away from ammonia products for windshields Said that it eats away the productive finish after a while, starts to get dull. Also the same for chrome parts , thought windex did a great job on chrome. Then there's paint thing. Same warning he told, takes off protective fun.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,006 Posts
Harley makes a product called Harley Bright which is a spray that smells and works suspicously like Windex "Mountain Berry" fragrance spray. Been using the Windex version for years and works great.
Add another vote against anything that contains ammonia. Will kill the finish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wish finger prints were the only thing on my pipes. Every time I do a ride out on country roads ,I get asphalt ,tar splatter all over them not to mention the saddle bags. I am using turps and some 400 steel wool to remove that from the pipes. I am NOT using it on the painted surfaces I am using detail spray and a cotton cloth. Anyone have a better idea for tar splatters.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I use Pledge.....Paint and chrome...Works for me. Does anyone remember the old lemon Pledge tv commercials?

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,288 Posts
Just don't use anything strawberry sented! You'll have old swabbies and jar-heads looking for the Naval Port $2 hooker.

Sorry guys just could not resist...

·
Sonar Technician
121 Posts
I hate that damn stuff. The COB use to wear my ass out over the handrails going up to the CO and XO state rooms. "If its metal it will shine petty officer k9" oh god I hate this thread, dreadful memories from field day. Only saving grace was that I wasn't in sonar. Poor bastards had to shine the inside of the shitter bowls. Bahahaha.
SONAR always makes those shitters shine! We take pride in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

41 - 48 of 48 Posts