Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1997 FLSTC Soft Tail Heritage Deluxe
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so a clear motor bike wind screen can be tinted using your every day standard automotive window tinting; BUT, I was wondering if anyone has used or tried this product - a spray on Tint by Rustoleum:
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tin Liquid Material property

If anyone has tried it, what did you think of it and how did it turn out?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Ok Bat, this might sting a little and I hope you have thick skin.......... You're telling us that you're willing to spend $650 for a "Lifetime" membership to a group that you don't recommend for anyone to join, and $20/year to be a "Premium Member" here on this forum, but you want to cheap out on your windshield with a can of spray tint? For God's sake son, buy yourself a nice HD or aftermarket windshield that will look great and last a long time. $0.02.......

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok Bat, this might sting a little and I hope you have thick skin.......... You're telling us that you're willing to spend $650 for a "Lifetime" membership to a group that you don't recommend for anyone to join, and $20/year to be a "Premium Member" here on this forum, but you want to cheap out on your windshield with a can of spray tint? For God's sake son, buy yourself a nice HD or aftermarket windshield that will look great and last a long time. $0.02.......
Good point. 👉

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Umm. that stuff is for tail lights and markers, not for windows or windshields. Also note it's NOT street legal or it would not have the "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY" in big bold lettering on the label.
But hey, you could always try it on a helmet visor... It would have to be sprayed on the inside to prevent scratching the hell out of it, And if the fumes don't make you pass out!
You can bet the optical clarity is going to be chit!

Personally, I would not get that stuff even near anything that i drove or rode!

Prolly look really cool on a RC car though!

• Wow
Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
A lot of wisdom right there.

Here is my pair of pennies. I bought a darkly tinted windshield cause I liked the look. When in use I discovered a serious issue. I bought a height that in normal riding position I looked over the top of the windshield by a few inches. Aerodynamically it was a perfect height. Where I ride mostly there are a lot of small rolling hills. Going up those hills because of the pitch of the bike on the incline I was now looking down thru the windshield. Between the dark tint and shades on I was blind straight ahead. Got a new windshield with just a touch of tint and now its much better. To apply a spray on coating and achieve that level of tint would be very difficult. Again, just my opinion.

·
Banned
1997 FLSTC Soft Tail Heritage Deluxe
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, I have a thick skin - very thick actually so I hope you all do to - where exactly did I say I was going to use it or even contemplated using it? Might not want to read too much into stuff guys ...

....oh and Moto Jockey - thanks for keeping tabs on what I spend MY money on appreciate it. In short, I'd say you'd be better of worrying about your own finances and leave me to mine, something I really don't have to worry about all.

And one last thing that you seem to have overlooked, or chosen to over look - I already bought a Memphis Shades windscreen!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts