Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

I am in the process of changing out the fairing on my FXDXT Sport T for a large "Heritage" style windshield. Any info/advice, parts, etc. you may share ? I am sure this can be done, looking in the Dennis Kirk and Harley catalogs.

Seems to me, that anything that will fit a Dyna model, will work. The only thing, this Sport T has the Speedometer and the tach side by side mounted on the handlebars. I am hoping a regular windshield will fit, I'm looking at the quick detachable type windshields.

Thanks in advance,

Casper_zip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heritage Style Windshield on FXDXT Sport T

Hello all:

Well, I did it, looks great, and a lot better than the tiny little fairing on the FXDXT. I ordered the largest shield I could get with the hope of fitting, and the hardware from Dennis Kirk. I got the Memphis Fats shield. I just got thru road testing, and love it.

If you ever need to do this; be sure to have someone around to help. I assure you that two extra hands are essential for installing.
I am one happy camper, and posted this for any/all who made need this info. Lots of times, I have to learn the hard way, but I also have learned to ask around for info like this.

All the best, and thanks to all for your help.

Casper_zip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts