Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find a windshield for my new bike but most sites tell me you can't get there from here. The ones from Harley seem to cost over $300 plus mounting hardware & seem to require the turn signals to be remounted.
Why won't most windshields fit? Is there anything short of spending maybe $600?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Gruntled, I have a take-off windshield off a 2008 XL883 custom with the harley quick releases for 200 plus shipping cost if it would fit and you are interested. PM me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My question really is will it fit? All the listings I see are not only model specific but year specific. Even the foot peg attachments for the rear are year specific.

·
Registered
844 Posts
My wife has a 2013 xl883l and has a removable (quick release) windshield and did not have to move the signal lights. Yep, it was about $359, but the dealer included it as part of the deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Already tried Amazon & many other sites. They all said you can't get there from here. Actually they say this doesn't fit my bike. I don't know if there is a reason or if they just haven't tried it on my bike. I have been temped to buy one & see if I can make it fit but I hate to waste my money on something that would be useless. You have to notice that many windshields require you to also purchase separate mounting hardware & possibly even a turn signal remounting kit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
and you can go onto the Memphis Shades website and see which parts will fit your bike to ensure you are getting the right parts.
I just fitted the Gauntlet to my Sporty and I reckon about 1/2 the price of the HD 1/4 fairing that doesn't have fittings for the Custom CB anyway

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks like it may do it. Many of them require separate mounting hardware but there are quite a few that don't. I think you may have given me what I wanted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts