Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something that will fit my SuperGlide and just keep the wind out of my face. I wear glasses and I cannot go over about 45 mph without having the wind cause my right eye to "tear" and I'm basically riding around with one eye closed. Not good.
I also wear an open face helmet with a visor and anything above 45mph, and the wind wants to rip my helmet off. So, I'm looking for even a small shield that will deflect the wind over my head.......suggestions?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
"Small" won't deflect wind over your head. A windscreen will. They make a windscreen for the Dyna FXD series that fits both the Dyna and Sporty with 39mm fork tubes. Not sure of your year, as the forks changed late this decade to wider tubes.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I have found that if my right eye tears that if I go the other direction it quits tearing.:nod
I purchased the quick mount from H.D. that way if I want to ride without a W.S. it slips right off.I got the tall one and had to trim it down a bit as the top edge of the windshield was screwing with vision clarity to the road.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get a compact Harley-style windshield; those look the best. I use a National Cycle style N2220 on my FXRS. I find that with the shield raked to line up with the forks I get no buffeting like some complain about. Make sure to get the right mounts for your bike. If it's a base Super Glide the speedo on the bars could interfere with the fitment. You might have to move the speedo to get the shield raked back enough.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I wear glasses. My eyes would tear. I went to my local wallsmart to the eye center. For 55.00 plus cost of the prescription lens (140.00 total) I bought a set of foam backed goggles. They aren't much bigger then regular glasses. With a helmet you'll want the glasses style. I bought the ones that have the elastic band. They are in the sport section. This might be an option unless you really want a windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts