Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a windshield that actually works for the H-D Deuce? I stand 6' tall, bought the 100th Anniversary Compact windshield for my '03 Deuce, switched to a Windvest, both allow so much wind coming underneath the shield coming up over the front of the gas tank and straight into my face. So much so that the helmet buffeting is really bad over 55 mph. There has got to be something out there that really works! Any solutions?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
You can put it in the back of a pickup truck.

Sorry for the stupid reply, I just like to razz window people.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, i have one that works....

dmbutter, i am 6'0" tall as well and have an '03 deuce. i have the HD, Quick-Release Detachable Compact Windshield for Softail® Deuce™ Models, PN 58779-05. it came with my deuce from the guy i bought the bike from. I don't ride with a WS very often, i prefer the wind in my face and not having to look through the thing. however, when we're taking a long trip through the countryside and i don't feel like getting drilled with bugs that feel like rocks, i put this thing on and am good to go. the quick release is real nice since i don't use it all that often. i've seen these on ebay as i would not pay the $435 that HD charges for it. hope this helps you.

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Here's a pic of the one on ours. approx 25 1/2 inches top to bottom and 19" from top of headlight to top of shield. I'm 5'11" and notice very little buffering if any. I don't know the part # but it's a clip on so cleaning is easy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
try the windvest...you can go to windvest.com and find them there...small shield , but very sturdy...not cheap in quality or price, but worth it...i have one on my deuce

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,193 Posts
re read the post, he already has a windvest
Re-read the dates, your's is a 2 month late reply, to a two month late post. :nod

·
Registered
11 Posts
so what??

he still already had a windvest when he first posted on 9/7/08......:nod

what's the difference if I replied to a post from November?

:thumb

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,193 Posts
To a poster who only posted that one time, and never again.

:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts