Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2007 ultra classic. I am thinking about changing the windshield for a better look. I want to replace the original with a shorter smoked shield. I am 5ft 10in tall. Can anyone recommend a windshield ? Will it cause a major change in wind on myself ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the 2006 Ultra with a smoked 6" windshield. I'm 5'9; I really like the hight along with the look.
I do get a little more wind but I like the way I can see over the the windshield when it's all bugged up.
At night "I try to avoid riding at night but sometimes you have no choice " it's great to be able to see over the top. Hope this helps you decide...
Ride safe Brother.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
There are a lot of good shields out there. For thr money I have been buying Long Ride Shields. They have many different styles and sizes.

The way it affects you is dependant on what heighth and style you go with. Most of the new shields are recurve that deflects the wind over your head even when you look over the shield. but they wont be as calm as a tall shield.

On their site they often have a code to use that can be up to 50% off and they have a video to help pick the right heighth. Check out the other threads on this forum. There are many covering this subject.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Long Ride Shields can't be beat for the quality, price and variety of choices. I have 3 of them and my favorite is the Ultra style with the flip up. Go to the site and check it out, there is also a video on how to measure for the correct size.

Long Ride Shields

·
CRSO
344 Posts
Long Ride Shields...put one of their Ultras on my 08 FLHT and never looked back. Liked it so much I bought one for my 14 Ultra Limited...follow the instructions on the website for measurement.

Effectively it gives me a shield I can see over without the buffeting, and really helped for wind for the passenger as well.

Use their discount codes and save a bundle.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
926 Posts
+1000 on the Long ride shields. I have two of them plus a flip from HD. Took that one off and it hasn't been back on since.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have 2 Long Rides shields and a HD wind splitter. I keep gravitating back to the wind splitter only because it doesnt affect my night vision.The LRS shields are only 1" taller and do provide better wind control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts