Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to stop the air that blows through the gap on my heritage between the headlight & windsheild. Seems to always blow right in my eyes

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I never noticed that on mine. Maybe it hit me a little higher or lower. If it would have been in my eyes, I am certain I would have.

Typically, with air flow issues like that, subtle things can make a difference. You might try altering the pitch of the shield ever so slightly. If that doesn't work, a different style trim ring on the headlight might cause the air to flow differently.

You might even try edging that curve with some rubber edging. It might break up the air flow enough to keep it from being a bother. It'd be a cheap experiment. If it looks like a$$, I know that they make it in chrome.

This is the stuff I am talking about.

·
Just Ride
3,198 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Duct tape?
Change the bazel on the headlight so it looks recessed, the airflow will miss the slot.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pretend that it's built-in air conditioning in the winter and a heater during the summer :)

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Before spending time and money, are you sure that is where it's coming from? Try stuffin' a light jacket down there and take a ride. Sometimes air will surprise you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you have room try putting a tool bag there on top of your light. Could also notch out the brackets so the windshield can sit closer to the headlight. Just torch out enough for the threaded part of the bolt to go through and the head will still tighten down.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Before spending time and money, are you sure that is where it's coming from? Try stuffin' a light jacket down there and take a ride. Sometimes air will surprise you.
X2....unless you've tested and proven that is where the air is coming from, don't go cutting or bending anything. It also could be air coming up over the tank from around the forks. And a set of chrome "fangs" mounted on the front forks could help. I'd block a few different places with temporary fixes and make sure you're positive where the air is coming from.

·
Registered
485 Posts
get a piece of heavy cardboard, and cut it so it fits tight around the headlight, then a can of spray foam insulation [the expanding stuff that swells WAY up] spray the crap out of the whole area.
Yeah, it'll look like SH!T , but it will stop the wind :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Harley chrome wind deflectors (58125-09B), a simple windshield/tool bag and headlamp visors solved all my problems. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Harley chrome wind deflectors (58125-09B), a simple windshield/tool bag and headlamp visors solved all my problems. Good luck!
Stunning ride Classic. Looks very nice. My next Harley will look like that.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

1 - 14 of 14 Posts