Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't remember what thread it's in but I recently read a post or two about chemicals in the garage damaging a bike in winter storage. Specifically pool chemicals and lawn fertilizer.

This interests me as my expected winter parking place is one foot from lawn fertilizer bags (open and half full) and within ten feet of chlorine tablets.

Is this a real thing?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
71 Posts
Can't remember what thread it's in but I recently read a post or two about chemicals in the garage damaging a bike in winter storage. Specifically pool chemicals and lawn fertilizer.

This interests me as my expected winter parking place is one foot from lawn fertilizer bags (open and half full) and within ten feet of chlorine tablets.

Is this a real thing?

Park it there and next season all of your chrome will be pitted all to hell and gone. :mad

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I'd get some totes and but that crap in the totes and duct tape a seal on the tote lids.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's all old fertilizer anyway so I'll just pitch it and she'll sleep well all winter.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
I had pool chlorine in my shed and my tools turned to rust. Didn't know what was causing it until one day I was talking to my cousin and told him about my rusty tools, the first thing he asked is do you have chlorine in your shed? As soon as I removed the chlorine the rust stopped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts