Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody doing work to the bike?

In the North East winter is a good time to execute jobs that accumulate throughout the year.

I have replaced the front tire, rim, wheel bearings, brake pads, kickstand bushings, seat, sparkplugs and something most of you dont have to worry about. I replaced the coolant and last but not least made some better connections for the GPS unit to the battery.

I'm waiting until my next oil change to install my slipper clutch. That should get me through to next winter.

What do you guys got cooking?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
New battery, recently installed EZ-Pull lever Trans Kit......(No reference to YOU Ed.....:D) Fluid changes, Headlight swap, Grip warmers and .......well, winter's not officially over yet.

·
Banned
655 Posts
My Hubby bought me new foot pegs (4) for the passenger too. He also got me new hand grips. He also bought me a new gas lid - mine rattled - drove me nuts. He gave me a card to shop at our local harley shop - so I want to change my black housing around the blinkers, start, run thing (can not think of the name) - but I want them in chrome.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
tore the sportster down for new paint, new pipes, new seat. Desided I didn't like the new pipes so old ones are going back on. paint is in process, seat has yet to be ordered.

Fatboy got new wheels

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
I am blessed to have to kids in their twenties that still live at home that took care of old dad at X-Mas. So far I've istalled tha SE Heavy Breather ac on the 09 FLHX. Fairing Bra and aset of V&H True Duals not sure if I'm using yet though. As for the 84 FLHS I'm having the brake calipers powder coated.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
I got a set off Z bars a new high ass sissy bar,custom tranny plate and adjuster,all new clutch rods new 5 3/4" headlight bates style,New light and ignition switches and a big a$$ trumpet horn old school style.Cant tell the rest super secret squirrel stuff for more power baby so I talk more crap bench racing and lay the smakedown on the tar.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Nothing to the Harley, but I'm replacing the battery box on my 200cc chinese enduro. Is it a crime to own a chinese made street/dirt bike and a Harley????

·
Registered
40,767 Posts
shrimp or crawfish gumbo tonight
I'd let you send some of that stuff up my way anytime you like, along with some Étouffée.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Is it a crime to own a chinese made street/dirt bike and a Harley????
Have you read the places of manufacture on your forks, shocks and aluminum wheels on your Harely? :thumb They're closer to being cousins then you think.........

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shrimp or crawfish gumbo tonight

Well I know where I'm going when the weather warms up around here. Make mine nice and spicy please. :thumb

No, I've been riding.:thumb :mwink

I'll have to start a new thread in a few months called "Summer Work". :rofl:

Hey I'm glad somebody's riding. :thumb

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
I'll have to start a new thread in a few months called "Summer Work". :rofl:

Hey I'm glad somebody's riding. :thumb
This is true. I remember last year I did a three day job on a friend’s bike during the summer. I have an A/C unit in my garage and left it on the entire time of the job. All the profits that I made from that job went to pay the electric bill that month. Live and learn. :eek:

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Have you read the places of manufacture on your forks, shocks and aluminum wheels on your Harley? :thumb They're closer to being cousins then you think.........
Sssshhh, you wasn't supposed to tell. The "company" will send Bruce Willis in a gun ship helicopter to get you now.........

My "owners manual" / repair manual for the Lifan is ten pages long. It tells me I have winkers, instead of blinkers, and other crazy stuff. It also say's that "It is forbidden to shift without first engaging the clutch and throttling down." :eek7

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Forbidden.........Ooooooooooooooooooooooh!! :D

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I put dryer sheets battery minder polish and steel wool up it's................... pipes uhha you thout I was going to say something else.

·
Registered
259 Posts
GPS mount and wiring and maybe a bit of chrome here and there (my projects). As soon as weather breaks, heading to the dealer for install of true duals, SE Stage 1 breather, SE Super Tuner and a date with the dyno. All the parts have been laying around here and there for months. I know the wife has a few projects for her Sportster on her (my) "honey do" list (sissy bar if she ever selects what she wants, saddle bags and perhaps some chrome).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts