Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously. Yesterday decided to record the ride from the driveway to the nearest H-D dealer 40 miles away. 35 degrees. Crunched the ride into a five minute vid...

The driveway
The county road
The highway
The backroads shortcut
The road hugging the mountain
The canyon
The interstate
The dealer parking lot

Yee ha! Clips from the vid:

So if you have nothin cookin like I obviously didn't, here's the link. Mary Chapin Carpenter's "I Am a Town" accompanies as well as the low Milwaukee rumble...

http://www.farson.com/video/hdtrip.wmv

·
Registered
2 Posts
40 miles?.......I bet you got cold. I ride 30 miles round trip to work and back. Anything below 40 is too cold for me. On the days below that, I wish I would have drove the pickup. Come on Spring!~!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Thanks for the ride. Nothing like a ride video to inspire folks like me to get out there and ride. Very nice dealership you have there Steve.

·
Trade School Alumnus
502 Posts
Very nice ride Steve, thanks.

Al

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Excellent ride! Looks like you were cruisin at a pretty good clip.Not much traffic on the short cut either. Nice road to air out the head. Thanks:thumb

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Nothing like a cup of coffee and early morning ride video, wish we had Rd's. like that around here with little traffic. Thanks Steve

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
40 miles?.......I bet you got cold. I ride 30 miles round trip to work and back. Anything below 40 is too cold for me. On the days below that, I wish I would have drove the pickup. Come on Spring!~!
Yes... Come on Spring! Thanks all... a good ride. Would mention it was 35 degrees at departure but a nice 50 at the lower altitude dealer. But by the time I had some lunchtime chow and returned, it was a brisk 30 up high on the return. Brrrrr. :ride

Ed... It was a first test of the VHOLDR. Lesson learned from this recording was I need to raise the vertical slightly -- had the cam pointing downward a little too much, and there's no preview screen to know how things look! An understandable trade-off for the small form.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice pics Sfarson, reminds me of estes park co., We go there twice a year, going there in april to get married. :thumb

·
Life Member
176 Posts
Excellent! ( Thinks Berns from the Simpsons when you say it )

Makes me want to go out in the 20 degree weather here and freeze my ass off.

What'd you do to keep warm?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Cool stuff, Steve. I want spring so bad.... The older i get the more I hate the cold.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well major congratulations! Let me know if you need a Best Man. :) BTW, tooks some pics of the Estes Park area and nearby Peak-to-Peak Scenic Byway last autumn.
Thanks, those pics make me wanna head up there right now.:nod. It's so beautiful up there.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,176 Posts
I rode at 35 this morning. Any morning it's not colder or wet. No problem. 42 miles each way.
I thought maybe I was overdressed, but my fingers did start to get numb with 3 prs of hi-tech gloves.

35 isn't really too tough, it's 25 that's tough.
Frost on my specs is the real litmus test that it's getting too damn cold.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Last march when I got my bike I was so desperate to ride that I rode it to work when it was 26. Not happenin this year.:mwink

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Ed... It was a first test of the VHOLDR. Lesson learned from this recording was I need to raise the vertical slightly -- had the cam pointing downward a little too much, and there's no preview screen to know how things look! An understandable trade-off for the small form.
It is a handy little guy isnt it? There are a few drawbacks but over all I give it a high rating for ease of use and compact design. Do you like it so far Steve?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts