Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the site and don't find what I'm looking for, so looking for a little help.

I have added a detachable tour pack to my Street Glidee with the LED light package. I have been unable to locate the wiring adaptor "Y" that will allow me to unplug the lights when removing the pack. I've bee to two different Harley stores and they tell me there isn't one. Really???

I read on here all the time about people adding the tour to their SG, what are they using to connect the lights?

I'm frustrated with this and looking for some ideas. Thanks, in advance for your help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys, here's the plug I need the "Y" to plug into.

Attachments

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
Not sure if its what you need, but Harley does make a quick detachable wiring kit for the tour packs. Don't know if that's what your looking for or not. Are you looking for the wiring harness that goes from the tour pack to the bikes main harness??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick detachable wiring harness p/n 70032-09...
I will double check the number, but the one that came with the pack (and the one they have tried to give me sense) has the wrong ends on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if its what you need, but Harley does make a quick detachable wiring kit for the tour packs. Don't know if that's what your looking for or not. Are you looking for the wiring harness that goes from the tour pack to the bikes main harness??
Yes, I need to plug into the main wiring harness.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a tour pak on my 13SG. Use the accessory plug.
I will look again for it but really don't think it's there. Does anyone have a pix of it and where it may be located?

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I have an older Road King. On my bike, there is a rectangular 6-pole multi-plug for the taillight wiring harness under the seat between thebattery and the rear fender. I had to disconnect this connection to install the Y-harness you may be referring to. I think that adapter is part of the accessory light bar wiring kit for the detachable tour pack. My dealer was able to order the adapter for me separately, but he had to look it up. It wasn't listed in the accessory catalog. I'm a little foggy on the part number because it's been a couple of years since I added it. I also did some fabricating of my tour pack harness to save some money because the wiring kit Harley offers was very expensive (IMO). You might have to ask the parts guy to look at a blow-up of the wiring harness for the light bar to find the Y-adapter.

--

1 - 11 of 11 Posts