Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I along with a couple friends did a day trip up north to check the fall colors. I'd say we hit it perfect. We left at 6:20 am this morning and got back around 5:30pm this evening. Was 49 degress when we left and was 82 degrees on the way home. We went west to Stevens Point, then north to Merrill, took 17 north to Eagle River, east on 70 to 139, south to Cavour, west on 8 to Crandon then south on W, then home. Round trip was 462 miles. Colors were perfect and very little traffic. Gorgeous sights and the awesome smell of fall, the pipes and some tunes, a couple friends, my wife, multiple beers afterwords in the garage, what a great day.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Beautiful pics man! Sounds like a blast!!!

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are those things on the side of the road ... They look like enormous plants or something ��

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Biker weed. Pretty common around the US. A lot of people think they're no good, but, I've found they're usually harmless. :thumbsup
The other things are what we call tress. Kind of like cactus, but, with leaves instead of spines.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. We had fun. Both of the guys in the pics are real good friends. Both stood up in our wedding, one was my best man.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Fall is a great, albeit short time of the year. Beautiful colors up there, Buckshot.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Hit miss some times. The leaves were falling. I suspect after the rain forecasted for next week there won't be much left in the area we were. My bud took the pic of my wife and I runnin the slab between Wausau and Point. He took a pile of pics going down the road. I would definitely drop my phone if I tried that. My wife wants to use that on our Christmas card this year. She is a graphic artist and each year puts a few pics together, along with photoshop editing, on a post card type Christmas card.
I could have stayed up north forever yesterday. The problem we had was that it had to end.

·
The dude abides
238 Posts
Nice pictures! The wife and I went for a ride yesterday in anticipation of colors, but we were about a week to early over here in west central Wisconsin. St Croix Falls Wi / Taylors Falls Mn is a great place for fall color viewing, hopefully we can do the ride again next weekend.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Might be a little cooler next weekend, but, who cares as long as the views are like this. Just means an extra coffee break for me. Hope ya get out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts