Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Check the alignment of the front and rear wheels. This has been the case on one I knew of. Tru-Trac couldn't fix it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree

Alignment is critical. My dealer had to order a special alignment tool that HD makes.
Then I used the True-track, but the True-track locks the present alignment in "permanently", so it has to be in alignment before installing it.
Check you tire pressures also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wobble almost put me down

Is there any way to avoid the wobble problem that Touring bikes have?
I have 2007 Road Glide. I was high speed canyon carving when all of a sudden my bike began to wobble uncontrolabley in a tight 90 mph turn. I let off and slowly braked as the bike settled down. But something was broke it even felt wobble going straight. I had installed a true track and it REALLY improve the bikes over all performance. But something let go it could have killed me. Police depts don't buy Harley's for that reason I was told. What the heck is Harley's problem with this dangerous wobble..??

·
Registered
36 Posts
typical causes of wobble are:
air pressures, tires and shocks
tire balance and tread
weight distribution
high cross winds
front wind deflectors
most common wobble remedy is to have the "swing" on the front end narrowed. install a "missing link", they really do wonders in tying the bike together so you dont have that disconnected/dog trailing feeling in the rear end. good luck, can be an aggrevating dilema, but is curable:thumb

·
Banned
117 Posts
I have never had problem with wobble (knock on wood) on a my Roadie, Almost ate a highway sign on a GSXR but never a twitch on my current ride even at ridiculously speeds through windy mountains passes. (I now have this feeling Karma is about to kick my ass so hard...) hope it all works out for the best

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have 2007 Road Glide. I was high speed canyon carving when all of a sudden my bike began to wobble uncontrolabley in a tight 90 mph turn. I let off and slowly braked as the bike settled down. But something was broke it even felt wobble going straight. I had installed a true track and it REALLY improve the bikes over all performance. But something let go it could have killed me. Police depts don't buy Harley's for that reason I was told. What the heck is Harley's problem with this dangerous wobble..??

You are really a moron......Police departments DONT buy harleys?

Maybe the wobble YOU experienced was caused by your NON-riding ass trying to "canyon carve" on a Road Glide....a tight 90 MPH turn?....doubtful.

Do yourself a favor and trade your dangerous Harley in for a metric bike.

·
Banned
5,949 Posts
Actionman why dont you go to the new to the community page and introduce yourself.

·
Banned
5,949 Posts

Maybe the wobble YOU experienced was caused by your NON-riding ass trying to "canyon carve" on a Road Glide....a tight 90 MPH turn?....doubtful.

The only MORON I hear on here is your DumbAss tellin aHarley owner on a Harley website to get a metric. I suggest your on the wrong forum for metric discussion.
:mad:

·
Ride it!
305 Posts
I had that problem on my 96 electraglide, it would get worse in turns, took it to the shop and found out that a motor mount needed replaced, found my motor was flexing to much and in bends it was actually moving side to side through bends about a 1/4". You could also try bitchinbagers.com they have a brace. Good luck, I know how you feel that sucks.

·
Registered
175 Posts

kinda what I was thinking. Anyone who tries to take a tight corner at 90 on a bagger needs a wobble.

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts

anybody taking a turn at 90 mph on a stock road glide, or any road glide for that matter, probably wont be around long enough to reply to this thread....i hate to sound so blunt, but koda has this one right i think.....wow.....now i fear even more for the up an coming harley rider.--metric tricks on a RG....just plain stupid.....IMHO....g

·
Registered
126 Posts
Organ donors do good things. The high speed, riding past the motorcycle's or rider's ability is ok as long as we don't hurt other people. Trouble is, we can't guarantee that won't happen. Saving that kind of riding for a Track makes more sense to me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
V-ROD would be a better choice

Hey dude , Harley makes a good bike for you . V-ROD , It will do the job or elminate problem due to foolish driving . Bud

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are 2 kinds of Harley wobble. Mechanical issues ie tires, forks etc and then the real wobble, where you take an 08 or older FLH and start to push the envelope -speed & curves-in a reasonable manner, and the bike wobbles. It's not fun. There are aftermarket devices designed to eliminate the wobble. My pick the one by alloy art. I used it on an 07 Ultra and it made a huge difference in the ride and the drive as well as eliminating the wobble. Some of us like to ride! our motorcycles in a spirited fashion...that's how you find the wobble...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts