Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Eastbound and Down
94 Posts
That's eff'd up. My ride ain't too fast so I would have been chew toy.

·
Harley Rider
10,489 Posts
I guess he saw something he liked. Either that or the biker poked him with a stick when he went by.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
That sucker had kill in his eyes in the photo with his ears pined back & at a full gallop !
Now I'll be thinking about that photo the next night ride with a full moon thru the woods & mountain roads .

·
Registered
427 Posts
The article said the wolf was habituated. Out in daylight I would say it could have been rabid.

For a long time I had a german shepherd that would lie in wait for me on my route home from work. That sucker would never be in the same place twice. One winter day I was covered in layers of heavy clothing, leathers and full face helmet. I slowly approached his usual area and here he came from some bushes. I got off the bike, raised my arms and screamed like a banshee at him. That shepherd slid to a halt, turned and ran off as fast as he could. Scared him so bad that from then on he would sit up as I approached, see who it was, lower his ears and lay back down.

Worked on the dog, but I don't think I'd try it with a wolf :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great photos but really easy to out run on a bike. I can't imagine shooting one for defending his territory. I think they have a lot in common with us.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I must admit I am a little biased. I owned a part wolf pup that most definitely did not display typical dog behavior. Oddly enough she did absolutely nothing to protect the property or yard. For whatever reason she never considered it her territory. Absolutely loved everyone who came over but played much rougher than anyone could take. The animal was huge and was solid muscle. Although not a pure wolf pup looked exactly like a wolf pup. I picked the dog up roaming and hungry and took care of the animal. Posted everywhere but could not find the owner. Three months later the original owner somehow found the animal and accused me of stealing it. I really believed the guy was the original owner and let him have her back as I thought it was the right thing to do. A week later he came back and asked me to please take the animal back as he couldn't handle the animal.
The wolf destroyed everything in sight and was obviously out of place. I located a interested owner who had acres of fenced property. Animal still couldn't handle the confinement and jumped the fence never to be seen again.
I am sure there are people up in the cold country that understand these animals much better than I did but they are meant for the wild. I would ask anyone considering to raise one to please let them be where they belong.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Seems like a couple wolf lovers think some of us want to needlessly shoot or kill a wolf? Not the case!

I would protect my territory also, especially my leg!!

I know a guy who has a dog mostly coyote?? as far as I can tell it acts like a dog? has it in a fenced in yard, it doesn't bark and carry on like some dogs, it does watch you, but like its curious

1 - 20 of 21 Posts