Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forecast was for a nice March day so I got on my Electra Glide and headed east.

I took highway 160 over Wolf Creek Pass Colorado.

After going over the pass I went through the towns of Del Norte, Monte Vista and Alamosa. Then I headed south to Antonito. Here I started to follow the Conejos River westerly into the mountains.

After I climbed out of the valley I pulled over at this overlook. Down below is the Conejos River Valley I was in earlier.

For a while now I am among fields of snow.

I cross over La Manga Pass at 10,230 feet.

On the east side of the pass I see this valley. Summer / vacation homes are left abandoned for the winter. I don't even see snowmobile tracks leading to any of the homes.

This route takes me into New Mexico

I roll into Chama New Mexico.

Then I headed north back toward Colorado.

I stopped in Pagosa Springs CO for an early dinner at the Riff Raff Brew Pub.

I put on 360 miles by the time I got home. I was gone from 9:00 till 5:30 for a total of 8.5 hours.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Nice pics bud! Looks like we'll be riding thru Durango on our way to Monticello, UT in the middle of May on our ride back from NM and TX. Looks real pretty up there but I'll be ok if all that snow is gone by then, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It started with the Alaskan adventure. Now I know whenever I see one of your posts, the pictures and commentary will be great and I'll have to block out some time for viewing. Thanks so much for sharing.
P.S. Did you see the feed store in downtown Pagosa Springs mentioned in the C.W. McCall song, Wolfcreek Pass?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It started with the Alaskan adventure. Now I know whenever I see one of your posts, the pictures and commentary will be great and I'll have to block out some time for viewing. Thanks so much for sharing.
P.S. Did you see the feed store in downtown Pagosa Springs mentioned in the C.W. McCall song, Wolfcreek Pass?
Thanks.
No I didn't see the feed store. I heard it was bashed in by a semi back in 1975.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Beautiful Scenery! Wish I was closer!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts