Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2018 I won a 2003 sportster in a drawing at a local radio station. It sat in the garage till a month ago. I decided to put it on the road before giving it to my middle son. I have had numerous bikes over the years, all makes and models but never a HD. I think the most enjoyable was a Honda Goldwing back in the seventies. I toured the country in 1970 on a Triumph Bonneville, almost 9,000 miles in 31 days.

Now I have to admit I have never enjoyed any of them as much as I have this Sportster in the short time I have had it on the road. I have put about 600 miles on it and have enjoyed every second. It is going to be hard to give it away.

Just wanted to share.

·
old scoot coot
6,408 Posts
In 2018 I won a 2003 sportster in a drawing at a local radio station. It sat in the garage till a month ago. I decided to put it on the road before giving it to my middle son. I have had numerous bikes over the years, all makes and models but never a HD. I think the most enjoyable was a Honda Goldwing back in the seventies. I toured the country in 1970 on a Triumph Bonneville, almost 9,000 miles in 31 days.

Now I have to admit I have never enjoyed any of them as much as I have this Sportster in the short time I have had it on the road. I have put about 600 miles on it and have enjoyed every second. It is going to be hard to give it away.

Just wanted to share.
you should be able to buy a slick low mileage sportster several years old for around 5,000 dollars. think about buying one and riding with your son. two harley's in the family are better than one.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
you should be able to buy a slick low mileage sportster several years old for around 5,000 dollars. think about buying one and riding with your son. two harley's in the family are better than one.
DAUM Straight! I love riding the Sporty! I call it the "Mini-Bike with Balls!" This thing is a blast to ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts