Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I've been working on my 2001 883 trying to get the carb right. I had stock jets with a spike air cleaner. So I get a jet kit with 3 sizes of slow jets an then several mains. No matter what it wouldn't run. So i go back to stock air cleaner and back with a 45 and 160 jet. Still will not run. It will idle but when you twist the throttle it all but dies. Can anyone help??

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,113 Posts
Check for intake leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Breeze3at

·
Retired citizen
23,201 Posts
Hello. I've been working on my 2001 883 trying to get the carb right. I had stock jets with a spike air cleaner. So I get a jet kit with 3 sizes of slow jets an then several mains. No matter what it wouldn't run. So i go back to stock air cleaner and back with a 45 and 160 jet. Still will not run. It will idle but when you twist the throttle it all but dies. Can anyone help??
Maybe got the needle jet in upside down, the jet that falls out when removing the main jet. Inspect thru the carb venturi where the needle enters the jet, the top of the jet should be concave not flat. In that case disassemble the float bowl and install correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts