Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 1200 custom took it out Fri ran great went to start it sun it fired once then wouldn't start. Same thing today I replaced the battery in the fob as it was giving me trouble before it is fine now but bike won't start I pulled the plugs they are wet I dried them and put them back in bike fires a couple times then won't start plugs are wet again. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update on this getting code p0108 when i do diag says it map sensor high carbon do i need a new one oe is there another way to fix

·
Retired citizen
23,087 Posts
Check the battery. Tighten the cables per the procedure on the inside of the side cover. Verify the battery has 12.8v static, 13.5 - 14v running.
Most Sportster starting and running problems are battery related.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the battery. Tighten the cables per the procedure on the inside of the side cover. Verify the battery has 12.8v static, 13.5 - 14v running.
Most Sportster starting and running problems are battery related.
solid 12.6 can't get it to start to check voltage but it will half run if i open throttle 75% and try to start it. clear the code and it will come back fairly quickly so I'm kinda thinking it is map sensor.

·
Retired citizen
23,087 Posts
If ya gotta hold the throttle open to start the engine it's a IAC sensor issue. The IAC is outta sync for some reason. Try removing the maxi-fuse for a couple minutes to reset the ECM. Also try cleaning the IAC pintle and port with carb cleaner spray. Spray up into the hole in the top throttle body inlet until the spray runs clear. Cycle the ignition to verify the IAC pintle is moving in and out while cleaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts