Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some help. My 2011 Dyna Wide Glide has been parked for a couple of months in the garage (not heated and in Colorado). When I tried to start it, the following occurs: I turn the ignition to "ign" and the headlight comes on, red oil light illuminated, red key light illuminated and blinkers flash (it has a security system). I then flip the switch to "run" and the yellow engine light comes on momentarily and I can hear the whirring sound (assuming that's the fuel injection). I then go to start it, and nothing. Doesn't even try to turn over. Battery was bought last spring, but I pulled it out and charged it back up just in case with same results. Since my security lights were flashing, I thought it might be related to the key fob, so I tried using both fobs to start the bike, but again...nothing.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Replace the fob batteries. If that doesn't do it pull each fuse and relay and inspect for corrosion on the prongs.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
You charged the battery, but did you have it load tested?? Is it a Walmart special, or a HD battery?

Is it in gear??

·
Retired citizen
23,374 Posts
DTC codes, the procedure is a sticky in the electrical section.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just last week I bought 2 new fob batteries and threw them in the tour pac just in case.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Done
4,154 Posts
I don't get the starting in gear thing. Mine will usually start in gear with the clutch lever pulled in. The other day it would not for the first time. Shut everything off, back on, then it did.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I don't get the starting in gear thing. Mine will usually start in gear with the clutch lever pulled in. The other day it would not for the first time. Shut everything off, back on, then it did.

Your bike is too new. Trade it for an old one. That won't happen.

:D

--

1 - 9 of 9 Posts