Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a guy at auto parts store I worked for full time during summer months while in high school.
We talked and he was real nice and so was I, But I got to thinkin" after leaving.... that guy was a prick who seemed to hate everything and everybody, I almost turned around and told him a thing or two.

He had several different companies and the only one he worked at was his chain link fence company,the other businesses he had, other people ran them and he just checked on them from time to time.

I was lucky enough to work with him putting up fences, most of the time we had a three or four man crew and him..lot of folks said they felt sorry for us since we had to work directly with him

The only reason I didn't say anything smartazz to him was I remembered my last day working for him. It was a 100 degree day and nobody showed up to work at fence company that day but me.

So me and boss go 45 miles out in the middle of no where and start layin out fence and using a auger to make holes and at lunch he leaves me out there by myself. No one was home and the people that owned the house were out of town, they had dogs they took to shows and thats why they wanted a new fence was to keep their dogs safe.

I do all the work I can do by myself and notice it's 5:30 pm and no boss, I had no cell service, heard verizon has service there but I didn't??

Well at 9:30 P.M the prick shows up to pick me up, I can tell he is Pizzed off and very mad and when we got closer to town he was on his phone going off on several different people he would call... dropped me off and never said a word?

I got a call from a guy that works for one of his other companies around 11:00 P.M and he told me the boss suspected his wife of cheating with a guy from one of his other ventures and caught his wife in the act with some guy in business bathroom earlier that day around 1:00 P.M!!!

Any way worst job I ever had, work wasn't bad just the drama!!

Worst job stories or rants....love to hear them!! or kick azz jobs you have had:moonBart

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've had this conversation with friends and coworkers before.

Best jobs and worst.. I don't know if I've had any bad jobs... The one thta kicked my arse the most was right out of high scholl work as a hod carrier, couldn't be fast enough for these brick layers, good size operation!!

That was back in my up all night carousing days which made them long hot summer daze hard to do.:bigbarf

That was my fault though!!:)

Attachments

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,800 Posts
No doubt about it, the hardest job was looking for a job,

trying to keep it all together between jobs. That was a man-eatin' job.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
***Consider this post to be the obligatory oral sex joke.***
Wouldn't expect anything else, should've known :laugh

No doubt about it, that hardest job was looking for a job,

trying to keep it all together between jobs. It was a man-eatin' job.

Again, could be a obligatory post:laugh

My uncle took me out job huntin once while I was in high school and he said same thing.... lookin for a job is the hardest job there is....this is not a sex joke though:rollin:laugh:rollin

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Worst job ever huh........Let's see.........Probably the one I had about 1.5 years ago. I had a secondary job earning beer money doing custodial work after hours for a HUGE 3-story office building. You never fully understand how nasty some SOB's are till you empty their trash can. People spittin dip and chew right in the can....Old nasty food...You name it. Folks missin the toilet... How do you sh*t and hit the back side of the seat?

Plus, the boss wasn't big into paying us on time...Despite the bullshit we put up with. I did it for about 2-3 months, then got my last paycheck and quit going...I think he got the point.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,658 Posts
Folks missin the toilet... How do you sh*t and hit the back side of the seat?
HA-HA.....Man, that deserve a thread of its own:laugh that is funny to read.. but sure not to see?:laugh

I go camping at a place that has a shower house ...after a holiday week-end of a lot of drinkin and partys. that shower house turns into a sh*t house and I've heard people ask same thing......How do you sh*t and hit the back side of the seat?:cowdung

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I went to college on an athletic ride, so the coach also got us hooked up with jobs during the off-season. Mine was working with long shoremen, but my job was cleaning the urinals in the dry shacks. I lasted two days and said, "F*ck this. I'm going to school so I don't have to do this sh*t." I got a great job installing washers and dryers for the MAYTAG dealer. I also had some really tough jobs where I learned how to work- in a canery, a warehouse, and a smelter.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,658 Posts
Don't know about worst, but the most boring job I ever had was just a in between job gig I got as a parking lot attendent, sit in a booth and the parking lot had two entrances and you would get a ticket with the time on it.
When you left parking lot you went through a lane with a gate and the parking lot attendent in booth would look at the ticket and charge you accordingly, I don't remember how much it cost to park but it wasn't much...paid min wage!!

I handed job over to my friend and he started scaming the lot, making over a hundred a night and liv"in" it up ( back in mid- late 80's) he was buying all kinds of stuff.

Good while it lasted...he was there over a year and it was the funniest thing I ever witnessed.....he got the job from me and was barely getting by and had no gal,no car and no life......after a few month in the booth, he was a rock star.....women would visit him there he bought all kinds of bikes and a few cars and had ended up with a nice gal he met while working at the parking lot??I believe some nights he walked off with 200 to 300 hundred bucks,week-ends.

He felt it was time to leave and got a pretty good job working for a major university?? those were the days!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
The hardest job I ever had was being a plumbers helper and having to dig all the ditches for the rough-in slab work. Wish that old man would have rented a ditch witch. I would dig for 2 hours take a water break then puke and do it all over again. 4 gllons of water 16 puke spots. Georgia summers ain't to cool.

I never haf a worse job. I was always thankful for the pay, effort, and experience each employer gave me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
My worst job;

I used to work at a wheel manufacturer in Kansas City. I made prototype and show wheels for street rods and all types of racing cars. Sounds great, right? The old man was an impossible azzhole and the wheels were unsafe as hell. We had a few incidences where people got hurt using the wheels. After about 4 years, I walked away from it. I wasn't going to be part of someone's death for someone else's profit.

That was 20 years ago and as I look back at that job, I have to admit I learned a lot working working there. I was pushed to do more with shit equipment so we learned to improvise. We also became really good at "juggling" tasks to make impossible dead lines. I also learned a lot of "what not to do".

What I'm saying is that no matter how much you hate a job, you can always learn something from it to better yourself.

·
Super Moderator
4,057 Posts
Before the military I worked as a laborer for masons on 12 story projects. That was one of the toughest physically since I was in high school. It helped shape me up and overall I ended the day satisfied. Over the years I had second jobs for some extra spending cash. I was a waiter at Red Lobster, I would not want that as an only job but overall not too bad. I worked at a couple bars when I was stationed in New Orleans during Mardis Gras and JazzFest as a door guy, also fun. And of course since being in the military from doing entry level noob work to helicopter avionics over a bunch of deployments to include the ship and the desert, the only job that fits the worst job is...

Diaper duty! Love the kid, hate the diapers.

·
Banned
482 Posts
The worst one I ever had wasn't hard, it was nasty. Part of the job included cleaning the duel use restroom. I soon got a new opinion of women. They are (or can be) the nastiest gross things on the planet. Had to clean that rest room three times a day. So it didn't take long to see which sex was the nastiest. To this day I make my wife use a different bathroom than me. Ruined me for life!

·
Retired citizen
22,048 Posts
I've got some runners up on my worst jobs. One was working at a horse stable and had to clean stalls and run the manure spreader tractor. Every time that spreader got near empty it would start throwing the manure forward all over me ! Another was the period that I was working at the local metal casting foundries. Dirty, sweaty hot even in the winter.

·
Rookie for life
929 Posts
Without a doubt, cleaning rental cars at NYC's LaGuardia airport. The working conditions were pretty bad; fumes from the planes, hot tarmac, angry commuters and bosses, bridge tolls, etc. but the worst part was the isht people did to and left in those cars... used condoms, diapers, puke. One day I overheard one of the old timers ranting to the boss that he'd quit before he'd clean a car that came in with blood all over the back seat.The argument got pretty heated and I steered clear of them and the car. A couple hours later the car burned up. :rolleyes:

I dealt with it for 6 months and moved on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine was installing fiberglass insulation in attics during the summer. Houston heat is typically around 100 in the summer, and attics get a lot hotter than that. I worked 89 hours on my first week, and got an $88 check. I quit.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
My worst job was also my favorite job at times. When I was 25 I was hired as the manager of a Yamaha/BMW dealer. The good part, being around motorcycles all the time. The bad part, dealing with the public at times.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts